Software Program Manager
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
Collaborate with the business and technical teams to plan large multi-discipline company-wide programs. The individual would be expected to communicate at all levels – from producing system documentation for the engineering staff to creating and presenting executive level reporting and presentations. He/she will also facilitate communication and collaboration with operations, software engineers, system/data/software architects, management, and other key players to support the development and release process for the program.
- Proficient in program management and an expert in project management, software development process and related best practices. Operates at strategic or tactical levels.
- Able to run 1 to 2 programs with project management assistance. A program consists of multiple delivery goals over time in support of an over-arching business objective.
- Able to break down large initiatives into project, projects into phases, phases into technical tasks and sub-tasks to delegate to appropriate development and operations personnel
- Displays outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal – with the personality to lead negotiations between diverse stakeholders and diplomatically address conflict to drive issue resolution.
- Provide leadership, direction and integrate activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support. Push team to analyze issues that arise during development and proposes solutions to improve team operations, while building trusting relationships with the team.
- Facilitate project meetings, Scrum ceremony meetings, and project post mortems. Holds the team accountable to come to meetings prepared, and own action items or process improvement outcomes that result. Prioritizes stakeholder feedback appropriately.
- Generate program/project dashboards and reports to track progress, provide project team transparency, while maintaining a clear understanding of project health, and using appropriate project metrics (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall) to collect, analyze and discuss with the leadership team.
- Stay current on various project methodologies\techniques (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, Kanban), understanding best applications for each.
- Proactively mentors and regularly assists in the growth of senior project managers, and project managers. And conversely, people will seek to learn from this individual. The performance of those working with this individual will improve. Coaches individuals and teams on project management best practices.
- Pass certification for Relativity Administration within 60 days of hire.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 2 years of program management experience and/or 5 to 7 years of project management experience
- 4 years experience managing projects/teams through the software development life cycle.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Pays close attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communications for technical and non-technical audiences
- Expert-level knowledge of project management techniques and tools within various software development methodologies ( e.g. Waterfall, SDLC, Agile)
- Project Management Institute certification (PMP or CAPM)
- Scrum Master Certification
- Knowledge of DevOps Practices & Tools
- Knowledge of Monitoring cloud applications at scale
- Familiarity with distributed systems and experience working in a SaaS environment.