Manager, Software Engineering - Productions Team
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As the Manager, Software Engineering, you will build and lead a highly effective team of software engineers while working with departmental contacts to support the demands meet the objectives of the product development process. You will be responsible for the professional development of your reports and will be the subject matter expert for the product features they are involved in.
The Productions team:
Relativity's 'Productions' specializes in preparing non-privileged information and relevant documents for sharing with opposing counsel. This process has strict regulations and must conform to industry standards of producing and sharing electronically stored information.
We use proprietary branding technology built on open source libraries to render metadata and apply redactions to different image types. Under the hood we use .Net technologies on Azure to develop a highly reliable and performant product while maintaining an intuitive user experience enabling complex legal workflows. Our engineers pride in developing high-quality software while using scrum to deliver incremental value to our customers. Join us in the journey towards our vision in making this product the best in the industry while adopting cutting-edge cloud technologies along the way.
Responsibilities: Focus On Product Delivery
- Contributes to the product roadmap and uses it to bring purpose to the team and their backlog
- Has effective ability to scope and drive features and products, delivering updates
- Deliver results, within time and scope, and brings visibility through regular reporting
- Accountability behind the features and products they own
- Develop deep software product knowledge within their team’s area of ownership
Makes Effective Decisions
- Display an ownership mindset; Be accountable for and beyond the features your team develops
- Uses independent judgment to develop strategic vision within multiple feature sets or domains
- Implements operational policies and directives
- Leads a team of software engineers
- Validates resource utilization to assure efficient deployment of team members
- Tackle significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires analysis of intangibles and providing direction on actions to be taken
Promotes Personal Development
- The Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for the professional development of their team under them and is the subject matter expert for the product features they are involved in
- He or she will work collaboratively with their team to identify and develop the talents of each individual team member
Build High-Performing Teams
- Responsible for building and leading a highly effective team of software engineers, and working with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the objectives of the product development process
- Keep your team’s vision aligned with bigger picture in mind
Aligns Goals With Strategy
- Serve as technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their respective domain or feature set
- Stay on the top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable and competitive
- Be a subject matter expert in your area of our product
- Use long term strategic thinking to guide and develop your team to help them meet overall product goals
- Exercises a significant latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments
- Be innovative. Think outside the box the when crafting solutions and considering impact
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related disciplines or transferable work experience in the field
- 1+ year of experience managing software product development teams
- 10+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications
- Experience managing remote teams or individual staff in remote locations is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline, including the latest programming languages, object-oriented programming, hands-on architecture high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, distributed database modeling and access languages, cloud environments such as SaaS
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences