R1 Operations Engineer (Weekend)
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
Our Operations Engineers are responsible for operational monitoring, maintenance and support of our flagship product in the cloud - RelativityOne. The Operations team monitors services, applications and infrastructure to ensure the product and services provided to customers are adhering to agreed upon SLAs between customers and Relativity.
The department is staffed to support the application on a 24x7x365 basis and will support multiple data centers across the globe. The team also serves as an escalation point from the Customer Support team and interfaces directly with engineering teams to: address service interruption issues, diagnose problems, implement changes, upgrade applications, etc.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development.
- Troubleshoot environments as problems arise, test fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Identify, document, automate, and engineer processes for repeated tasks.
- Oversee the application environment to effectively run and maintain the technology and determine the advisement of potential technology or process improvements.
- Strategize, plan, prioritize, schedule and partner with IT in the execution of equipment, and service resources to implement and maintain the systems in scope of responsibility within the parameters of security, data integrity, programming logic integrity, and administration and reporting policies.
- Schedule system maintenance to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of IT or Processes.
- Design and implement strategies to improve and automate our environment provisioning, setup and testing processes
- Manage the packaging and deployment of our core software products.
- Seek and recommend improvements to current processes.
- able to work on weekend shifts ( e.g. 4x10 – Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or 4x12 – Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Strong knowledge of Windows Systems Administration / SQL Server
- Strong problem-solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Ability to contribute to a motivating environment that instills accountability
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software
- Experience in PowerShell and\or other scripting languages such as python, bash or ruby
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure or similar (e.g. AWS, GCS) is a plus