Advanced Performance Engineer
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As an Advanced Performance Engineer, you will evaluate system reliability and performance across Relativity’s core products and generate performance data used to drive key business decisions. You will work directly with engineering and service delivery teams as a subject matter expert for analyzing advanced performance matters across our Cloud-based offering.
- Translate business goals, requirements, and complex system diagrams to effectively design and execute key performance test scenarios
- Create performance-based system automation and advanced load test scripts
- Ensure system reliability and consistency of software performance on a release by release basis
- Advise and assist delivery teams in design and construction of performant, scalable software solutions
- Recommend and drive key performance optimizations by collaborating across multiple technical teams and/or departments
- Serve as key contributor to maintaining performance industry standards and Cloud best practices across the organization
- Perform cloud, front and backend performance root cause analysis, provide key recommendations
- Foster proactive performance engineering by crafting performance lab experiments based on production user behavioral analysis
- BA/BS/Equivalent Degree in Database/Systems Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, Math or related equivalent experience
- 3+ years performance analysis and testing commercial grade systems
- Strong experience with large scale database performance.
- Knowledge of performance testing best practices, standards, and the software development lifecycle
- Experience analyzing and optimizing systems for performance (dotTrace, AppDynamics, DynaTrace a plus)
- Strong problem solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work with technical partners in a consultative capacity to quickly learn new concepts and provide performance-specific recommendations
- Technical knowledge of Windows O/S and SQL Server
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously