Senior Software Engineer - Platform
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for delivering results for the Product Development department by; contributing to an Agile team that solves complex challenges and builds working software, rapidly producing high quality code, and being a dependable and highly skilled development resource for peers.
- Object-oriented analysis, design, and programming applying SOLID principles and design patterns
- Make high-impact contributions and provide technical guidance to an agile software development team to ship high quality, performant, secure software that operates on data at massive scale
- Maintain and improve Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery workflows
- Obsessive focus on quality through comprehensive unit and integration testing and static analysis as well as rigorous test strategy development
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing architecture and design documentation including requirements, test strategies, component, sequence and class diagrams
- Architects and designs performant, scalable, and secure software to a high degree of quality – not simply focusing on meeting functional requirements
- Improves the software development process by recommending and instituting changes in policies and procedures
- Facilitates pair programming to improve software quality and completeness and disseminate design and implementation knowledge
- Provides technical guidance to team members through education and coaching of best practice object oriented programming principles
- Germinates and drives new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Works collaboratively with QA professionals to ensure defect prevention over detection
- Maintain an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness
- Practice positive interactions – lean on encouragement in place of judgment
- Impress responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks
- Understand how the technology and the feature is relevant to the business, advocate for the team and align the team’s interest with the rest of the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 7+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications preferably in C#
- Experience with public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience operating or maintaining Linux servers at a large scale
- Strong problem-solving skills, and strong teamwork skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and deliver technical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM)
- Experience building and maintaining microservices architecture
- Familiar with the inner workings of Kubernetes, and/or perhaps similar systems like Swarm, Nomad, Marathon, etc.
- Experience with identity and authentication protocols including SAML, OAuth 2, & OpenID Connect is a bonus.