Senior UX Researcher
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As the Senior User Experience Researcher, you will take the lead in providing leadership to product design and development teams in researching and identifying priority user goals to influence the product development process. As part of the Product Management organization, you will develop strong collaborative relationships with product managers, engineers and interface with customers to identify key user insights. The Senior User Experience Researcher works under the minimal of managers. The Senior User Experience Researcher reports to the Director of User Experience.
- Proven ability to interact with customers and empathize with their needs.
- Proactively plan and execute customer research throughout the design and development lifecycle.
- Work with designers, product managers and other stakeholders to identify research needs.
- Develop cross-functional relationships, collecting existing research and insights to inform research questions and collaborating on end-to-end research that looks across the customer journey.
- Developing relationships across the company to collect existing research and insights to inform your research questions and collaborate on end-to-end research that looks across the customer journey
- Experience in leading research studies using proven research methodologies including generative design research and contextual inquiry, participatory design workshops, interviews, formative and summative usability studies, and quantitative methods, such as surveys and data analytics.
- Experience in leading empathy and design-thinking workshops to drive cross-functional collaboration that translates research findings into actional product goals and direction.
- Synthesize findings into meaningful themes, write actionable and impactful reports with compelling data visualizations and expertly share these results with a variety of audiences, including key stakeholder updates.
- Add to research findings with data from other sources including analytics, customer support records, sales contacts, etc.
- Proactively look for opportunities to add to our customer knowledge outside of projects.
- Evangelize customer insights with internal product and customer groups, leveraging tested cross-functional communication and collaboration methods.
- Contribute to the team’s advancement by trying out new research techniques.
- Coach and mentor others in the user experience team to contribute to Relativity’s ethos of continuous improvement and development.
- You possess a natural curiosity and ability to empathize with customers.
- You enjoy collaboration and building team spirit.
- You’re a pattern finder and holistic, critical thinker.
- You relish problem-solving and don’t shy away from challenges.
- You possess the ability to work well with other researchers, product managers and product designers
- You’re able to give design recommendations based on knowledge of web and mobile design patterns, usability heuristics and understanding of cognitive processes.
- You’re able to swiftly revise and improvise research plans as needed.
- You have effective teamwork and communication skills
- You have excellent verbal and written communication to clearly, succinctly, and completely communicate intent (both technical and non-technical) in interactions with team members and customers, including presentation skills.
- You demonstrate excellent time management to ensure time is optimally allocated to meet prioritized business need.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in user research with an emphasis on research related to software and digital experiences, or a bachelor’s degree and 3+ years professional experience or a Master’s in HCI or similar discipline.
- Experience designing and conducting usability studies.
- Experience working with Agile development environment.