Tableau Data Engineer
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
The Tableau Data Engineer is on Relativity's front lines of reporting solution delivery and is excited about tackling complex business problems by bringing together different data sets and illuminating actionable insights in partnership with our internal customers. (#LI-MA1)
You are the right fit for this role if.....
A Strong Vision for How to Build Efficient, Enduring, and Scalable Reporting Solutions
You are known as a technical thought leader in data solution design, advising on best practice from metrics collection to successful reporting. You rely on a deep understanding of diverse data structures as well as business operations to deliver thoughtfully designed reporting solutions that are transparent, easy to use, and drive data-based decision making. You aren't satisfied by delivering just what the customer asks for, you strive to deliver what our business needs long term. You should have a healthy respect for the details and a sincere passion for fixing problems at their root.
Data Driven Culture Ambassador
You live and breathe our "Data Core Values" and model them for fellow Relativians. You make data-based decisions and challenge others to do so. You seize every interaction as an opportunity to inject data education and best practices. You are a key contributor to our education efforts, creating content and hosting training sessions. You enable others by increasing the Tableau skillset and data fluency of Relativity as a whole.
On the Business Analytics team, we believe that asking questions leads to knowledge sharing, innovation, and raises the bar on the quality of the solutions we deliver. You are unafraid to ask as many questions as it takes to have a complete understanding of the challenge at hand. Is this data accurate? Are these requirements complete? Are the right stakeholders connected? Is this the best choice for our customers and the business? Question everything!
- Role-models excellent customer support when assessing requests and connecting internal customers to relevant data
- Independently designs and builds complex Tableau dashboards spanning a variety of departmental data sets
- Performs data quality-control and debugs Tableau workbooks
- Builds and modifies straightforward Tableau data-sources
- Key contributor to Business Analytics Tableau end-user, desktop, and data-best practice education efforts
- Displays extreme passion for data and problem solving - is driven to ask the right questions and surface up business insights
- Experience with SaaS or subscription-based software company
- Intermediate knowledge of a CRM tool, preferably Salesforce.com
- Experience with Snowflake
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Excels at cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Experience in a customer (internal or external) facing role
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, math/statistics/data science, or similar discipline and at least 3 years equivalent work experience
- Works efficiently under pressure and meets deadlines while balancing multiple projects and multiple stakeholders
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Intermediate experience using a data visualization tool such as Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, other