Manager, Enterprise New Business 20-0012
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
In this role, you will be responsible for building a new logo acquisition sales team. Historically, Relativity has provided solutions to support the eDiscovery needs of law firms, corporate and government customers and a robust community of partners. But, increasingly, corporate and law firm enterprises are bringing more of their litigation processes in-house and choosing Relativity as their platform of choice. Our corporate segment is our newest and fastest growing area of our GTM focus. Law firm is our largest enterprise segment and we hold very good market share, but there is more to go after in EMEA.
You will have a unique chance to build a team, shape our core sales motions and make a real and lasting impact at Relativity.
Be a talent first manager - At Relativity, we are focused on being a talent first company. As a manager, this means, first, identifying and recruiting the best sales talent. With each new rep hired into the team, we have an opportunity to continually evolve and reset the standard of excellence.
Additionally, you should be ready to build an inclusive and diverse team culture. We are focused on creating a company and sales environment where people of diverse backgrounds can have a voice and feel heard. There will be no shortcuts taken.
Lastly, it will be important to be a consummate guide and supporter of your rep’s growth and development. A key responsibility will be to set clear development goals and a career path that inspires them.
Coach and guide sales reps through a complex sales process – eDiscovery is a complex operational process which involves many different groups to support and operate. Leading a sales process which drives consensus across power users, admins, lawyers, IT and partners is a part of every sale. Your role will be to coach and develop the skills necessary for your reps to thrive in this kind of environment.
Collaborate across the org – Sales is a team sport and your team’s success will depend on your ability to collaborate with other teams like customer success, marketing, presales and support. Driving clarity, consensus and establishing new business processes will be a significant part of where you will be spending your time internally.
Operationally sound – We are in a phase of rapid growth. So, it will be important to have a solid playbook of operational processes. For example, you will be expected to drive accurate and up to date forecasts, establish an effective account planning process, lead high impact team meetings and develop sales KPIs to help oversee your reps’ effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (preferably in business administration, computer science, CIS/MIS or related area)
- eDiscovery, SaaS and technical acumen
- Demonstrable experience generating new business, including 7+ years of direct selling experience, territory management, with a track record of meeting or exceeding quota
- At least 3 years of direct sales management.
- Relativity RCSP certification a plus
- Experience with Relativity a plus
- Self-motivated and organized, ability to work in complex deals
- Financial modeling and contract negotiation experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
- Minimum 7 years of quota-carrying experience in new business development for an enterprise software organization, preferably within the e-discovery, CMS, or big data analytics industry
- Minimum 3 years direct sales management experience
- Complex solution selling (i.e. experience selling or delivering software that required the end client to realign certain business processes)
- Demonstrated success with large transactions and lengthy sales campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive market
- Record of success in generating net new business with consistent overachievement of sales goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about customer success
- Ability to travel 35% of the time
- Pipeline management and forecasting experience