Senior Software Engineer 20-0063
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
We are modernizing our front-end architecture, and we're looking to grow teams of engineers who are passionate about frontend technologies, performance, and user experience.
* You will be developing brand new features to make clients’ lives easier, and the user interface more intuitive, accessible, and performant.
* You will be working in a blended build environment of both Node.js and MSBuild.
* You will be writing unit tests using Jasmine/Karma and NUnit.
If you love solving problems, building great products, working among strong teams, and want to make a visible impact, this role is for you.
- Contributing to an agile team that solves complex challenges and improves the scalability, security, and performance of existing products.
- Architects and designs performant, scalable, and secure software to a high degree of quality – not simply focusing on meeting functional requirements.
- Improving the software development process by recommending and instituting changes in policies and procedures.
- Providing technical guidance to team members through education and coaching of best practice principles.
- Germinating and drives new ideas and encourages innovative practices among peers.
- Participating in code reviews and quality assurance testing as a shared responsibility with the team.
- Performing on-call duties on a rotating schedule.
- Helping to mentor more junior team members on development best practices and standards.
Experience and knowledge of:
- Writing unit tests.
- Object-oriented design.
- HTML5 and CSS3.
- Agile processes and milestones.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or other equivalent experience.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically.
- JIRA, Bitbucket, and other project and code management software.
- WCAG and accessibility best practices.
- Writing build scripts and plugins.
- CSS extensions (SASS, LESS, etc).
- Package managers, bundlers, and task runners.
- One or more JS framework(s) (Aurelia, Angular, React, etc).
- At least one other general programming language (C#/Java/C++/VB.NET, for example).