Strategy & Business Operations Associate
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Relativity Strategy & Business Operations Team is responsible for driving our long-term strategy, owns our execution framework, and works on our most critical strategic and operational challenges.
As a Strategy Associate, you will work directly with the VP of Strategy and Operations and closely with the rest of the C-level team. Your work will include strategic and operational projects, a key component of which will be adding rigor, analytics, and structure to all projects.
You will be exposed to all aspects of the business by working closely with the Executive Team. This role will stretch you, you will manage multiple projects at the same time, often working autonomously with the Executive Team across Strategy, Customer, Product, Financial and People areas.
Your success will be dependent on your strong problem-solving skills, ability to anticipate needs and deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines. This position requires outstanding communication and follow up, analytical ability, interpersonal and organizational skills. Someone in this role must be self-motivated and possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and will be tasked with making sound judgement with discretion and respect to confidentiality.
- Own the development of strategic and operational customer related capabilities and processes, from developing frameworks through execution and ongoing management; examples include: Pricing, Customer Experience and Satisfaction, Competitive Analysis, International Expansion Roadmap, Large Customer Alliances and Partnership Programs
- Oversee portions of our annual strategic planning process (key imperatives, budgeting, etc.) and coordinate execution framework to ensure that leaders across the business all understand and follow the Operating Management System (OMS)
- Work closely with the Executive Team and the rest of the Strategy & Operations team to support development and maintain our long term business strategies (e.g., Go to Market, Adjacencies, International)
- Partner with department heads and other leaders in the business to complete strategic and operational projects from planning through execution/implementation
- Conduct research and coordinate with other teams and external vendors to gather key inputs to strategic planning process: facts, assumptions, customer feedback, competitive and market dynamics
- Maintain an understanding of overall business objectives and strategy
- Work closely with the executive team on smaller but critical "ad-hoc" projects
- Coordinate and support executive meetings including weekly operational, monthly strategic, and quarterly off-site planning meetings.
- Work with leadership to provide meeting and communication support for internal teams, customers, and all Relativity (e.g. emails, presentations, decks, communication plans)
- Collaborate across functions (sales, finance, etc.) to coordinate or support additional operational needs
- Additional duties as needed
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a client-facing, professional services role (e.g. management consulting, banking)
- Previous experience independently leading workstreams within a client-facing project
- Proven excellent analytical capabilities, including complex Excel modeling
- Ability to independently multi-task, efficiently prioritize tasks, and drive projects to completion in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and across a variety of cultures
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly when facing problems and ability to translate knowledge to new situations
- Strong work ethic and integrity to handle confidential/sensitive information
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions independently
- Knowledge of or interest in technology industry preferred