SQL Database Administrator
At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
We are seeking a Production Database Administrator with a deep demonstrated knowledge of MS SQL administrative tasks and the ability to consult on design, development, and automation improvements. This individual should have a passion for maintaining MS SQL databases that meet or exceed production SLAs for availability and performance. The right candidate will ideally have past hands-on experience administering MS SQL databases running in a public cloud environment, such as MS Azure.
- Design, build and/or maintain OLTP systems and data warehouse solutions using Microsoft SQL Server (Azure PaaS, Azure Managed Instance, and On-premise) and Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Provide support 24/7/365 for any troubleshooting or corrective actions related to incidents impacting availability within the production environments
- Take proactive measures to monitor, trend, and tune database(s) to optimize performance as workloads change, including tasks such as database design, index creation, database optimization and performance tuning
- Ensure high availability, backup and recovery of production databases, data marts, and data warehouse that meet or exceed BCDR objectives for RPO and RTO
- Create, implement, and maintain SQL DB Health Checks, and have a demonstrated ability to automate SQL health reporting/event notification, and corrective actions.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms and have a demonstrated ability to monitor/trend SQL environments to determine and implement enhanced monitoring thresholds to prevent incidents and reduce mean time to recovery (MTTR).
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including scaling up or out, server configuration changes, index/query changes, etc.
- Identify code defects and enhancements and develop a detailed root cause analysis that can be leveraged by the product management and development teams to improve application availability and decrease the total cost of ownership.
- Perform all database management responsibilities in Microsoft Azure for production and non-production workloads.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment and on-call support
- 5 years’ experience working as a Microsoft SQL DBA leveraging versions 2008r2 or later
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of high availability, clustered, and always on availability groups
- Demonstrated experience solving performance tuning challenges within a data analytics environment: ETL load times, SQL query times, etc.
- Experience in database development projects (design complex T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, views) and ETL processes
- Familiar with basic Azure IaaS and PaaS capabilities, and experience with designing and building MS SQL databases within Azure
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Hands-on experience architecting, administering, and tuning data analytics solutions in Snowflake
- Familiarity with Snowflake utilities – SnowSQL, Snowpipe
- Familiarity with Informatica Cloud Data Integration, or similar PaaS ETL solutions