Director of Finance 20-0214
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Director of Finance, you will be responsible for managing Relativity’s financial planning and forecasts, performing in-depth analysis of Relativity’s financial performance and operating metrics, and serving as the dotted-line financial support for C level business unit leaders. The Director of Finance works under general direction of the VP of FP&A and manages a team of Senior Financial Analysts and Managers.
- Lead a team responsible for annual planning and forecasting of all departmental costs for R&D, Sales, Marketing, and Administrative functions for a >1,000 headcount global organization
- Manage formal quarterly forecasts, working closely with several managers across Finance and Accounting to create a consolidated view of Relativity’s full P&L
- Drive deep operational involvement with Relativity’s large engineering team, including responsibility to run Engineering’s weekly internal business reviews for the CTO
- Partner with department heads (budget holders) to forecast spend based on business plans and strategy
- Work closely with Accounting team to understand and ensure accurate recording of monthly close
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, financial models and reports
- Assist in formulating, creating and tracking KPIs
- Support management in evaluating financial and strategic impact of new business opportunities including business development strategies, new product and service offerings, and technology solutions
- Ad-hoc analyses and modeling of often open-ended business questions
- Ability to perform complex analysis of financial and other data; financial modeling experience required
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and Power Point
- Significant experience using a financial ERP required, knowledge of Adaptive Planning and/or Intaact is a plus
- Experience in a technical-oriented organization or working with engineering/product teams is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting is a plus
- Prior experience in a software company is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills required; ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and the Board of Directors
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree preferred