Desktop Support Technician 20-0005
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
Relativity is seeking a Desktop Support Technician to join our Internal Technology (IT) department. IT’s mission is to deliver technology solutions that connect, secure, and empower our employees and customers world-wide. Our IT team is primarily located in Chicago, USA, and we are expanding IT within our company’s office in Krakow, Poland. We’re seeking candidates that are excited to be part of building a new team in a rapidly growing company.
As a Desktop Support Technician, your objective is to ensure that our employees have excellent user experiences with our end-user devices. In addition to providing user support, you’ll work on projects to improve our processes and technology. You’ll research and test devices, and you’ll make recommendations to your team leader, ensuring IT provides the best solutions to our employees. Manage our IT inventory, ensuring we have a healthy supply of the equipment/licenses we need.
Travel to our London office on a quarterly basis to build relations and ensure our London employees are receiving excellent IT services.
You will report to a local IT Manager, who oversees the IT team in Krakow. You will work closely with a peer Desktop Support Technician, and you will collaborate with a team of 8 in Chicago, who will provide direction on assigned work, feedback, and mentorship.
- Set up laptops/desktops for new employees. Ensure employees have the software, equipment, and access required to be productive on their first day.
- Ensure visitors from other offices can easily plug into Krakow and can have a consistent and productive experience.
- Monitor support queues, respond to user requests, escalate (to vendors or other IT teams) if required. Provide a welcome experience to customers who require IT help. Ensure all service requests are logged and tracked in our ticketing system.
- Configure, deploy, and troubleshoot a wide array of devices:
- Contribute to our knowledge base and procedural documentation. Encourage employees to use our self-service knowledge base.
- Actively communicate with our employee community; identify their painpoints and opportunities for us to improvement IT services; make recommendations and drive solutions.
- Evaluate and contribute innovative technology solutions and interesting projects (e.g. implementing advanced Zoom conference rooms).
- Manage software and hardware inventories.
- Work autonomously. Prioritize, be proactive, resolve problems, follow-through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Thrive in a culture of professional growth, hard work, self-leadership, and empowerment.
- Demonstrate consistent commitment to core company values.
Desktops / Laptops
Peripherals (e.g. mice, monitors, docking station, keyboards)
Office devices (e.g. printers, scanners, softphones)
Audio-visual & conference technology (e.g. Microsoft Surface Hubs, microphones, cameras, smart TVs)
- Experiencing managing imaging solutions incl. Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Apple Deployment systems
- Experience managing small projects
- Experience with virtualization and cloud-based concepts (VMware, Hyper-V, Azure)
- Experience using Jira or Salesforce
- ITIL Training/Certification
- Speak the Polish language
- At least two years providing IT end user support to at least 100 users.
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills; the ability to diagnosis issues, determine root causes, research solutions, implement workarounds, restore and optimize IT services.
- Must have strong desktop software knowledge - Microsoft Office, modern browsers, hardware, software, and networking concepts
- Must have strong knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows 10, OS X)
- Must have strong knowledge of Apple Devices (Apple iPads, Macbook Pro, iMac).
- Must have good knowledge of mobile OS (iOS, Android)
- Must have good experience managing Active Directory
- Must have good experience with Apple/Windows Deployment Technologies
- Must have experience performing operational support work as well as project work.
- Must have experience using an IT service tracking (i.e. ticketing) tool; such as ServiceNow, BMC, Jira, Salesforce
- Must demonstrate fantastic customer service skills.
- Motivated to work in a rapidly growing, fast pace environment.
- Speak English proficiently.