At Relativity, we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
The Relativity Pre-Sales team is a dedicated group of RelativityOne domain experts supporting revenue growth on large and strategic opportunities. The team achieves this vision through a combination of technical activities (e.g., crafting solutions to customer’s problems) and commercial activities (e.g., scoping the opportunity).
The Pre-Sales team must be able to understand our products, how they apply to customers, and how they make a customer successful. A Sales Engineer must be tech savvy enough to understand the relevant content, but enough of a communicator to connect and communicate clearly with less savvy individuals.
A Sales Engineer is the sales team’s industry and technical encyclopedia and needs, at a minimum, to be able to handle technical product-centric questions that come from technically inclined customer stakeholders.
Key Areas of Focus
- Understanding, gathering, and analyzing the prospect’s needs, problems, and opportunities.
- Promoting the product’s key benefits and value proposition
- Build confidence that we can deliver a solution that meets the prospect’s needs and guide customer expectations to a set of achievable outcomes.
- Effectively driving the technical evaluation process, proposals, request for proposal, proof of concept and solution alliances (when and as needed).
- Actively drive the technical sales evaluation and support process for prospects and partners
- Provide internal and external assistance during the Sales process:
- Gather and assess prospect’s technical specifications and requirements
- Aid in the development of client relationships
- Address prospect’s questions in a responsive and comprehensive manner to ensure prospect satisfaction
- Assist with proposal preparation, when required
- Manage and deliver custom product demonstrations to prospective customers
- Partner with the Customer Success Management team to transition customers upon the awarding of contracts.
- Provide consistent and effective communication, both internally and externally.
- Think critically and recommend improvements to increase efficiency in workflows or other prospect benefits
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to maintain and enhance our demo environments
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience in engineering, information systems, or business administration
- Five years of experience supporting enterprise SaaS applications, including two or more years in sales engineering or consulting
- Ability to pass the Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) exam within 6 weeks of employment
- Ability to obtain Relativity Master certification within 18 months
- Proven technology skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, plus analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Positive, service-oriented personality
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Ability to multitask and self-manage workload
- Experience supporting e-discovery solutions across the EDRM
- Relativity experience; Relativity Certified Admin (RCA) a strong plus
- Strong sales orientation and presentation skills
- Team player
- Ability to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly in a fast-paced sales environment
- Expertise in industry standard security and compliance certifications, e.g. – ISO27001, SOC II, FedRAMP, etc.