Tableau Senior Data Engineer
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
The Tableau Senior Data Engineer is passionate about using data as a decision-making tool. This role is a key player in transforming Relativity in to a data-driven enterprise. The Engineer builds complex data sources, processes, and models that are scalable, easy to use, and that produce high-quality metrics and reports. The Engineer plays a consultative role with stakeholders and business leaders by asking probing questions that help them define and monitor business goals. They utilize their ability to influence to guide front and back end strategies that lead to successful, impactful, data-based decision making.
- Writes complex SQL and Snowflake queries
- Designs, builds and modifies complex Tableau data sources
- Designs and builds complex Tableau dashboards spanning a variety of departmental data sets
- Performs data quality control, data source and Tableau workbook debugging
- Enforces data-governance for existing sources and ensures that it is a priority for emerging data sources
- Displays extreme passion for data and problem solving - is driven to ask the right questions and surface up business insights
- Experience with a SaaS or subscription-based software company
- Experience with data management tools
- Experience querying databases and working with large volumes of data
- Advanced knowledge of a CRM tool, preferably Salesforce.com
- Advanced Microsoft Excel or other reporting tools
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Works efficiently under pressure and meets deadlines while balancing multiple projects and multiple stakeholders
- Excels at cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Experience in a customer (internal and external) facing role
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, math, statistics, or similar discipline and at least 5 years equivalent work experience
- Advanced Tableau skills - both front and backend