Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The Senior Software Engineer - DevOps/DevEx develops software and guides a team to apply software engineering best practices to provide high-quality, maintainable, reusable, performant, and scalable software.
We need to continue improving our software, introduce new features to customers faster, reach new customers at a global level, and scale our platform to provide seamless customer onboarding. We have already started down this journey with the introduction of our cloud-based product, Relativity One. How do we continue to guide this transformation and implement it with success? DevOps at Relativity.
We are looking for experienced senior engineers to focus on DevOps principles and use new technologies, striving to bring excellence to our team atmosphere. Our mission is to weave data into the way we operate. We can do this by collecting, correlating, and deriving metrics to enable our engineering teams to make informed decisions. Also be part of enhancing the developer’s experience by leveraging a modern tool like a developer portal, i.e. Backstage, to reduce cognitive load and have a multiplier impact.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Engineering Systems, you will use Agile and DevOps practices to design, build, and maintain the services and tools used by the Product & Engineering departments:
· Languages - C#.NET, PowerShell, Terraform, React, Typescript
· Container management – Docker, Kubernetes, and Harness
· CI/CD workflow – GitHub actions, Azure DevOps, and Jenkins
Your Role in Action
- Contribute throughout all phases of a service lifecycle from conception through development, deployment, and operation
- Contribute to and mature existing, automated CICD workflows
- A commitment to monitoring and observability
- Contribute to the implementation of software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming and exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) such as SOLID
- Advocacy the test of software with traceability back to requirements emphasizing the practice of Test-driven Design and the use of autonomous frameworks and Continuous Integration
- Follow and improve Agile software development (Scrum) to improve engineering efficiency
- Mentor team members
- Exemplify core values
- 5+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with experience with building and shipping successful software
- Experience integrating complex systems and applications, or related experience
- Experience in strategy planning collaborating across multiple departments
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and debugging
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork to facilitate collaboration among team members
- Experience with source control management tools (Git)
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server, or related technologies
- Experience managing containers and Kubernetes clusters
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable solutions in a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google). Azure experience
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.