Billing Specialist - Operations
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The Accounting team manages the company’s accounting operations, including transactions, financial reporting, and compliance with all necessary legal and regulatory requirements. The Billing Specialist, Operations work with other team members to drive automation in the order to cash process. This position is responsible for assisting processes that are efficient, and transparent and result in the production of accurate and timely financial results.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Accounts Receivable.
This role can be based in Chicago or remotely in one of approved US states to hire.
* Position requires flexibility to work with team members in Krakow, Poland– must be flexible to working occasional early hours to accommodateCentral European Standard Time (Poland (GMT+1), as needed, to partner and train with colleagues. *
- Execution of SaaS billing for Relativity’s customers, globally, including subscription and transactional products
- Responsible for professional execution of accurate and timely billing which drives cash flow and financial performance as well as internal and external customer satisfaction
- Assist with the team’s billing processes, including mid-month and month-end billing; managing and delegating the finance queue; updating and maintaining of client contract information; and facilitating license key delivery of software
- Performs QCs on transactions prior to posting
- Provide direction to Billing Analyst and Specialist when needed
- Review transactions monthly to ensure data integrity
- Become a Subject Matter Expert for billing processes; participate and review testing of system enhancements/modifications to existing functionality and processes
- Develop and maintain current SOPs for all billing related responsibilities
- Maintain working knowledge of the company’s current products and services
- Prepare and review various billing analysis and reconciliations; identify potential issues, recommend, and implement process improvements
- Build and prepare analytical reporting of usage data to assist in internal and external decision making
- Resolve all billing errors; work with various teams (Revenue, Deal Desk, Sales) to implement automated fixes and/or manual controls to prevent identified errors
- Work with Operational Teams to assist in rollouts and plan implementation of GTM initiatives
- Work with Billing Lead(s) and above to help design, improve and test new and existing workflows to drive billing automation initiatives
- Work with Information Technology and Business Intelligence to test and ensure accuracy of Relativity’s SaaS data
- Ability to receive direction from Billing Leads(s) and above
- Assist with training for Billing team members and new hires
- Assist Billing Team with special projects as necessary
- Performs monthly, quarterly and annual month-end duties, audits and clean-up
- Minimum of two (2) years of Billing experience required preferably within a SaaS or technology company
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with reviewing complex MSA’s (contracts) required.
- Knowledge and experience using Salesforce CRM; SaaS-based billing preferred.
- Experience with Excel (intermediate), ticketing systems (i.e., JIRA, Zendesk, Salesforce)
- Demonstrates initiative to identify and communicate opportunities to improve existing processes.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and solution-driven problem-solving skills; hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” mentality required.
- Ability to successfully accomplish all responsibilities in a fast-paced, growing, and demanding environment.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional follow-through skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Client service oriented with the ability to build strong positive team relationships.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
Transparency in Coverage Information
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires disclosure of the negotiated rates with in-network providers and the historic allowed amounts paid to out-of-network providers, for all health plans available to employers. Files containing this information for the plans covered are published on this page.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.