Senior Product Manager - SRE and Observability (Remote)
Are you looking to be in a workplace where colleagues inspire one another? Are you interested in competitive and impactful benefits? Do you prefer flexible work arrangements?
At Relativity we make software to help users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our e-discovery platform is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world to manage large volumes of data and quickly identify key issues during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
About SRE & Observability at Relativity
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and Observability domain sets the operational foundation for every cloud product and service that we deliver at Relativity. Our mission is to inspire and enable our internal product, engineering, and service delivery teams to provide our customers superior product reliability at scale. To do that, we provide platforms and services that empower teams to observe, automate, and continuously optimize the operations of their products.
About the Senior Product Manager – SRE & Observability role
The Product Management team is looking for a Senior Product Manager to oversee our SRE & Observability teams whose collaborative nature and effective communication skills complement experience with SRE, APM, and Observability. You will be responsible for driving the strategy for scaling SRE practices and the building out the Observability platform to deliver industry-leading product reliability at scale. You will lead sprint teams who focus on improving the ease and efficiency with which internal product and service delivery teams can observe and operate Relativity’s cloud products to elite standards, so that our end customers are ultimately delighted with exceptional product reliability and support. Success in this area means that your users, in Relativity’s product and service delivery teams, are achieving operational excellence while also reducing toil to do so.
Your Role in Action
- Deeply understand the various internal teams who benefit from our SRE and Observability platforms and consider their needs as a central part of our strategy
- Drive clarity in the strategy of what we’re building across SRE and Observability – Why this and not that? Why now and not later?
- Own the requirements of what we’re building – How should we factor in the cost of observability as we scale?
- Inspire on the value that this roadmap will bring to users and our business – How does the SRE & Observability roadmap make the lives of our engineers easier while also drive NPS with our customers?
- Manage a product manager, whose separate sprint team overseas the Observability platform. Act as Product Owner over the SRE sprint team
- Clearly communicate high-level technical product details to internal/external stakeholders in role-specific levels of detail
- Collect, organize, and prioritize product requests and challenges from internal teams, providing compelling and concise business cases to justify and explain product work
- Partner with Engineering to define and execute against quarterly domain-level and team-level OKRs that align to both our business strategy and local priorities
- Translate high-level projects (e.g. quarterly “Key Results”) into low-level stories with requirements for improving the SRE platform and services
- Inspire teams by bringing a deep sense of empathy for the challenges of internal groups and a familiarity with their workflows and needs
- Track competitors, vendors, and industry trends in the SRE, telemetry, observability, and monitoring space
- 5 years in experience in agile product management
- Multi-year experience working with APM or Observability platforms. Your prior experience will help ensure we are leveraging best practices and lessons learned as we build out a world-class Observability platform and SRE practice.
- Strong people leadership – Your team will look to you for guidance as we make decisions on new technology and develop new processes for working together as a domain team. Your ability to coach Product Managers, solidify working norms, and drive strong decision making will be essential the domain’s success.
- Proven “Product person” – We don’t care whether you’ve ever heard of our industry (e-discovery) or our product. We need someone who will bring their skills of the product management discipline into this space – concepts like design thinking, collaboration with Design & Engineering, ruthless prioritization, frequent iterations, and more.
- Highly technical – Relativity’s SRE and Observability platforms and services are highly technical and targeted at highly technical users. Whether you come from the B2C or B2B space, we need someone who can get in the weeds with technical concepts. You don’t need to be a programmer or have a degree in Computer Science, but you’ll need a level of technical proficiency/acumen to be able to dig into details of product requests, issues, and opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – In the same afternoon, you might share project information with engineers and then executives, so your ability to speak (or type) clearly at the appropriate level of detail will drive successful conversations.
- Known for team collaboration – Your average day might involve interactions with 4+ different teams across the business, so your skills of active listening, meeting facilitation, and project management will make teams love working with you.
- Strong project management – You will have competing priorities with combinations of ad-hoc and planned deliverables requested by different groups. Your ability to balance priorities, pushing back when needed, will ensure high quality work.
- Creates data-driven clarity – Your ability to identify, analyze, and communicate the right data to drive timely decisions will keep your teams and stakeholders moving forward with you.
- Proven business acumen – You will be the face of the product’s strategy to your technical teams, so your ability to connect the lines between the team’s work and our business goals will motivate your team and drive success
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
Transparency in Coverage Information
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires disclosure of the negotiated rates with in-network providers and the historic allowed amounts paid to out-of-network providers, for all health plans available to employers. Files containing this information for the plans covered are published on this page.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.