Architect - 21-0121
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Boardwalk Architect creates and manages large-scale enterprise solutions, working with software engineers and team members to support the department and the product development process.
- Design long-term architecture for Boardwalk to achieve scale and performance
- Deploy, maintain, and optimize infrastructure
- Make high-impact contributions and provide technical guidance to a software development team to ship high quality, performant, secure software that operates on data at massive scale
- Deliver new code with a focus on quality through comprehensive unit and integration testing and static analysis as well as rigorous test strategy development
- Identify new technologies, new machine learning methods, and text analysis approaches to assist in future search use cases
- Assist in adapting product to accommodate new billing models/personas/use cases
Patent SME Responsibilities:
- Research and implement statistically sound methodologies and models for patent searching
- Research search strategies for client driven use cases (Invalidity, FTO, Landscape etc)
- Become fluent in patent lifecycle across major jurisdictions (US, EPO, WIPO, CJK)
- Drive thought leadership with prospective customers and industry experts through white papers and associated materials
- Own quality of results, delivery to clients, and provide input on overall Boardwalk customer experience
- Continuously refine search strategies by creating test bed from new/historical cases
- Train current and future Boardwalk members to conduct searches in addition to conducting searches) as part of service-based offering
- Assist customers on optimal search strategies based on project objectives and domain
- Effectively communicate complex technical topics to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Respond to production defects
- Consult on Sales and Marketing strategies
- Assist in client outreach and sales motion
- Advanced knowledge of new technology trends and its applications for new products in the industry.
- Expertise in software engineering, including knowledge of current programming languages, object-oriented programming, high performance and fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, distributed database management systems and database modeling and access languages.
- Strong technical understanding of the Microsoft technology stack.
- Strong communication, collaborative and analytical skills.
- Ability to present complex technological concepts clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Full understanding of and adherence to software development lifecycle standards and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of Agile Pathways.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on company and team objectives.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, drive projects to completion and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly to shifting company or team goals.
- Strong technical acumen, including problem-solving and critical thinking.
- 8+ years developing software for commercial-grade systems and applications.
- RCA certification required.