Lead Buyer - 21-0566 (remote)
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
Lead Buyer drives procurement mission to provide business with innovative purchasing expertise and tools designed to help make right buying decisions and ultimately drive best possible value for the company, customers, and employees. Lead Buyer is a strategic partner for the business, responsible for the external procurement, sourcing, and contracting of technology, goods, and services. The Senior Procurement Specialist will partner with cross-functional teams, managers and senior team members to strategically select products and suppliers ensuring long-term value creation.
- Contribute to Relativity’s procurement category strategy development and market analysis, based on an understanding of business goals and objectives, the supply market and competitive benchmarking. Effectively documents, communicates and gains buy-in across the organization to ensure alignment.
- Seek to improve procurement processes and experience
- Drive adoption of procurement best practices across the organization through branding, training, as well as written, live and electronic communications, etc.
- Vendor / supplier management to drive Relativity’s tactical and strategic procurement goals.
- Examine spend and trends by category to identify opportunities for improvement. Track and report on current and future volumes/obligations, including SLAs
- Work with Procurement leadership to develop and manage Procurement process and procedures based on prior experience and industry best practices
- Manage procurement requests for Relativity with the proper controls while keeping company values in mind
- Ensure results through monitoring of Relativity staff, suppliers, technology, and procedures
- Partner with Security, IT, Legal, Finance and the Business to manage the procurement process for new contracts and renewals
- Monitor key contract dates and deliverables to ensure timely renewal or initiation of the competitive bid process
- Compile and analyze data for financial management and reporting
a) Actively communicate with stakeholders
b) Take ownership of the procurement success. Ensures compliance to Procurement Policy, best practices and regulatory compliance requirements
c) Participate in the creation and continuous improvement of systematic controls for purchasing process
d) Maintains clear and concise procurement documentation
a) Identify supplier driving sources and fit across relativity’s goals
b) Drive supplier approach based on supplier category and market conditions
c) Manage vendor/supplier relationships and interface with key business leaders on supplier issues
d) Act as an escalation point in the event of non-performance
a) Focus on long term value creation for Relativity, our employees and customers
b) Use analytical tools to support the procurement process, including need/gap analysis, total cost of ownership, cost optimization and more
c) Assist the business in requirements creation, navigates RFx processes, drives negotiations, and ensures proper contracting
d) Pursues opportunities to reduce costs, minimize risk and improve business conditions
e) Review and approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
f) Drive the procurement process, problem solve and help overcome blockers
- 5 years of Procurement experience in the Software or Technology industry preferred
- Experience working with procurement lifecycles and procurement best practices.
- Experience in supplier negotiations and developing/executing sourcing strategies.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Excellent experience with RFPs or competitive bidding process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Experience drafting and reviewing contracts
- Experience in financial analysis reporting
- Consulting experience preferred