Lead Data Engineer (Remote)
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
About AI at Relativity
In the past two years, billions of documents have already benefited from the insights of Relativity AI – and we are just getting started on our journey to use AI to improve each user experience, product, matter, and investigation at Relativity. We are focused on helping our users discover the truth more quickly, and act on data.
· We are focused on algorithm excellence, to provide the most trusted experience possible.
· We are creating a world-class toolset to solve complex challenges quickly and iteratively.
· AI will be leveraged everywhere, in all stages of the discovery process to better manage cases and to optimize product operations.
This role will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
Your Role in Action
- Work with our data scientists, product managers, and engineering teams to develop a big data architecture that supports our data privacy restrictions while supporting our data science needs
- Oversee data governance policy and data access procedures
- Manage data catalog and data observability
- Build cost modeling for data architecture
- Hands-on work to automate and build tooling for teams to use. Be willing to jump into a project to build things out.
- Contribute to our technical investments roadmap and help prioritize tech debt and architecture investments
- Mentor talent within the AI group to promote career development
- Experience with data lake and warehouse technologies like Hudi, Delta, Snowflake, Synapse, Redshift, S3, and ADLS
- Experience creating batch and stream processing data sets applying technologies like Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Kafka, DBT, AirFlow, Prefect and other ELT tools
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience creating data governance policies
- Fluent in programming languages suitable to implement big data and machine learning solutions. Ex: Python, Scala
- Experience in unstructured data sets and designing APIs, service-oriented architectures
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure data infrastructure and tooling
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
Transparency in Coverage Information
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires disclosure of the negotiated rates with in-network providers and the historic allowed amounts paid to out-of-network providers, for all health plans available to employers. Files containing this information for the plans covered are published on this page.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.