Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The Software Engineer at Relativity develops software applying software engineering best practices to bring high-quality, maintainable, performant, and scalable software. You will work with your team to develop products and features that guide and evolve our Compute Platform. You will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
The Developer Environments Team:
The Developer Environments team produces and manages the different types of environments that are used for developers of Relativity. The environments used are aimed at ensuring developers can develop their services in a wide distributed microservice architecture without sacrificing quality. Here you will solve complex challenges related to:api interconnectivity, versioning strategies, API mocking, container management, orchestration, and monitoring while continuing to learn and promote best practices for dev/test in the cloud.
You will have exposure to the following technologies: Azure, .Net Core, Docker, WireMock, Azure DevOps, SQL Server, API Gateway (Kong), Service Mesh (Kuma), Powershell and Jenkins.
Your Role in Action
- Help implement software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming, exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design and Programming such as SOLID
- Assimilate best practices of Test-Driven Design and the use of autonomous frameworks and Continuous Integration and Continues Deployment
- Implement tools and technologies to provision and configure an enterprise software system in public utility clouds with a focus on increasing efficiency and elasticity of deployed compute without sacrificing quality
- Oversee the application environment to run and maintain the technology and determine the advisement of potential technology or process improvements
- Strategize, plan, prioritize, schedule, and partner in the production of infrastructure provisioning and configuration while focusing on maintaining or improving security, data integrity, programming logic integrity, and administration
- Seek and recommend improvements to current processes and technologies used
- Participate in code reviews and design reviews
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server, or related technologies
- Experience working in automated test environments
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM)
- 2+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with experience with building and shipping successful software
- Experience developing scalable solutions in a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google)
Relativity is currently at a stage where we are looking for builders, not just operators. We have the capability to grow the business dramatically over the next 5-10 years and we need individuals to join our team to collectively propel us forward. We have a workplace where everyone can belong and we invest in our people so career progression inside or outside Relativity can be a reality. If this sounds like a place where you would like to be, we look forward to welcoming you.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.