Manager, Software Engineering
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
A Manager, Software Engineering builds and leads a team of software engineers, working with departmental contacts to support the demands of the department and meet the goals of product development. The engineering manager oversees the professional development of their reports and is the expert for the product features they are involved in.
Your Role in Action
- Allocate your team members' effort based on requests from organizations
- Manage a team of individual contributors to complete necessary work of your Scrum teams
- Hire to your teams and evaluate your team members' performance
- Collaborate with team leads and architects to provide the best solutions
- Promote a high-performance culture and cost-effectiveness across the entire team
- Conduct one-on-one meetings to understand how the situation and needs of your team
- Promote sharing of domain knowledge across the team
- Provide technical leadership and expertise about the feature set or domain supported by their team
- Provide counsel to your direct reports regarding career development
- Support your team by leading special projects or providing input regarding possible process improvements, organization changes, resource needs
- Be a technology advisor to the business on all aspects of software technology trends and novel solutions specific to their domain or feature set - Stay on top of the latest technological progress and use this knowledge to ensure company products and software solutions remain marketable
- Use independent judgment to develop strategic vision within their specific feature set or domain
- Implement operational policies and directives
- 8+years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications and experience with building and leading successful engineering teams
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health plan
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.