Lead DevOps Engineer 20-0451
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
Now, we need to continue to raise the bar: introduce new features to customers faster, reach new customers at a global level, and scale our platform to provide seamless customer on-boarding. We have already started down this journey with the introduction of our cloud-based product, Relativity One. How do we continue to drive this transformation and execute with success? DevOps at Relativity.
We are looking for skilled engineers to focus on DevOps principles and leverage cutting edge technologies, striving to bring excellence to our team atmosphere. Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
As a Lead Software Engineer in Engineering Operations, you will leverage Agile and DevOps practices to design, build, and maintain the services and tools used by the Product Development department in one or more of the following areas:
- Virtual machine image management for Vagrant and Azure, using full stack C#.NET, SQL Server, Powershell, Chef, and Azure Cloud
- Infrastructure as a service for Kubernetes and Jenkins, in Azure using Terraform, Chef, Kubernetes, Powershell, and Jenkins
- Provisioning and configuration pipeline services for RelativityOne using Chef, Powershell, Jenkins, and Azure Cloud
- Monitoring as a service for RelativityOne using C#.NET, Azure Functions and Splunk
- Work with management to set and communicate team goals and vision aligned to business requirements; ensure the team stays focused and delivers against the goals, adapting to changing business requirements
- Specify non-functional software requirements and analyze all requirements to determine design feasibility within time and cost constraints
- Estimate software development timelines and be accountable to the timelines by actively managing risks and changing requirements
- Provide input into system software architecture development by working with Staff, Advisory and Principle Engineers as required
- Design and lead the design of software and infrastructure as a service using abstraction, low coupling and high cohesion, modularization, encapsulation and information hiding, interfaces, and separation of concerns
- Implement and lead the implementation of software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming and exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) such as SOLID
- Test and lead the test of software with traceability back to requirements emphasizing the practice of Test Driven Design and the use of autonomous frameworks and Continuous Integration
- Follow and improve Agile software development processes and practices (Scrum) to improve engineering efficiency to maximize productivity and reduce expense
- Ensure the adoption and application of software development tools (IDEs, test frameworks, static analyzers, etc.) to improve engineering efficiency to maximize productivity and reduce expense
- Identify and reduce technical debt
- Influence the use of industry leading development platforms, best practices, and processes
- Mentor junior team members
- Exemplify core values
- Solid software development experience (8 to 10 years)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or related
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in infrastructure and distributed systems in an Azure Cloud environment using Chef and Terraform
- Experience in managing Docker container and Shared Compute Kubernetes Clusters
- Experience in modularized Powershell development
- Experience in continuous integration and automated deployment (Jenkins preferred)
- Experience in working with Agile development methodology
- Experience in architecting complex software and process automation
- Experience in strategy planning and mentoring
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Fluency in English