HR Compliance & Operations Specialist (remote or hybrid)
Are you looking to be in a workplace where colleagues inspire one another? Are you interested in competitive and impactful benefits? Do you prefer flexible work arrangements?
As a Specialist, HR Compliance and Operations, you will be responsible for delivering excellent customer service to all Relativity team members. You will take ownership of all HR compliance practices and work closely with Security in ensuring Relativity’s Human Resources organization stays compliant. This role will also support the HR Operations team with the administration of benefits and retirement programs, payroll, HR systems and global mobility services as needed.
Your Role in Action
- Ensures operations meet all workplace regulations
- Implements documentation including but not limited to compliance standards, employee handbooks, or an organization's code of conduct
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, including EEO, FMLA, and FLSA
- Implements documentation to adhere to security compliance standards, including but not limited to:
- I9 Compliance
- Contingent Worker Compliance
- Ownership of HR Compliance Calendar
- ISO Compliance Initiatives
- Monthly evidence collection and review
- Assist in the creation of HR SOP and development of best practices
- Security Team HR point of contact for ISO
- HR Point of contact for audit
- Manage process improvement projects
- FedRamp HR core team member
- Security Team HR point of contact for FedRamp
- Assist in creation of HR SOP and development of best practices
- Conducts periodic tests and audits of organizational operations
- Conducts initial reviews of alleged compliance violations and escalates to leadership as needed
- HR Operations
- Escalate issues to appropriate senior team members
- Assist with open enrollment, compensation reviews, performance management and bi-weekly payroll
- Facilitate Total Rewards new hire orientation and assist with the onboarding of new team members
- Maintain employee records, payroll operations and HRIS
- Adhere to e-Verify compliance
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
- Identify and recommend process improvements to gain efficiency and reduce errors
- Exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions
- Demonstrate consistent commitment to core company values
- Two years or more of HR experience, including benefits, payroll and HR systems.
- Working knowledge of federal and state benefits legislation and regulations (e.g., PPACA, ERISA, IRS, DOL, FMLA, ADAA, COBRA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Flexible in terms of working hours to cover morning shift in the US
- Knowledge of technical aspects of benefits administration, including discrimination testing and government reporting obligations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on company and team objectives.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, drive projects to completion and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly to shifting company or team goals.
- Strong HR acumen, including problem-solving and critical thinking.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health plans
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.