Desktop Support 20-0595
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
Relativity is seeking a Desktop Support Technician to join our Internal Technology (IT) department. IT’s mission is to deliver technology solutions that connect, secure, and accelerate our employees and customers world-wide. Our IT team is primarily located in Chicago, USA, with a smaller team in Krakow, Poland. Our employees are based in the USA, United Kingdom, Australia, and Hong Kong.
As a Desktop Support Technician, your objective is to ensure our employees have excellent user experiences with end-user devices, whether they work from our office or from their homes. In addition to providing user support, you’ll work on projects to improve our processes and technology. You’ll research and test devices, and you’ll make recommendations to your team leader, ensuring IT provides the best technology solutions. Manage our IT inventory, ensuring we have a healthy supply of the equipment/licenses we need.
This position is primarily remote. Occasional visits to the office may be expected (twice per month), but safety is our company’s top priority. After the pandemic is resolved, more frequent visits to the office would be expected (1-2 per week), and there may be travel opportunities to our London office for semi-annual visits.
You will report to a local IT Manager, who oversees the IT team in Krakow. You will work closely with a peer Desktop Support Technician, and you will collaborate with a team of 8 in Chicago, who will provide direction on assigned work, feedback, and mentorship.
- Manage and configure laptops for new employees. Ensure employees have the software, equipment, and access required to be productive on their first day.
- Ensure our remote workforce can be as productive at home as they would be in an office environment.
- Monitor support queues, respond to user requests, escalate (to vendors or other IT teams) if required. Provide a welcome experience to customers who require IT help. Ensure all service requests are logged and tracked in our ticketing system.
- Configure, deploy, and troubleshoot a wide array of devices:
- Contribute to our knowledge base and procedural documentation. Encourage employees to use our self-service knowledge base.
- Actively communicate with our employee community; identify their pain points and opportunities for us to improvement IT services; make recommendations and drive solutions.
- Evaluate and contribute innovative technology solutions and interesting projects.
- Manage software and hardware inventories.
- Work autonomously. Prioritize, be proactive, resolve problems, follow-through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Thrive in a culture of professional growth, hard work, self-leadership, and empowerment.
- Demonstrate consistent commitment to core company values.
Desktops / Laptops
Peripherals (e.g. mice, monitors, docking station, keyboards)
Office devices (e.g. printers, scanners, softphones)
Audio-visual & conference technology (e.g. Zoom conference rooms, microphones, cameras, smart TVs)
- At least two years providing IT end user support to at least 100 users.
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills; the ability to diagnosis issues, determine root causes, research solutions, implement workarounds, restore and optimize IT services.
- Must have strong software knowledge - Microsoft Office 365, Windows Administrative Tools, Chrome/Firefox browsers, Single Sign-on (SSO) solutions like Okta
- Must have strong computer hardware knowledge – Troubleshooting laptop hardware issues, upgrading RAM, replacing HDD/SSD’s, batteries, etc.
- Must have basic networking concept knowledge
- Must have basic SCCM experience (generate reports, query devices and device owners by computer, etc.)
- Must have strong knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows 10, OS X)
- Must have strong knowledge of Apple Devices (Apple iPads, Macbook Pro, iMac).
- Must have basic knowledge of mobile OS (iOS, Android)
- Must have good experience managing Active Directory
- Must have good experience with Windows Deployment Tools
- Must have experience performing operational support work as well as project work.
- Must have experience using an IT service tracking (i.e. ticketing) tool such as ServiceNow, BMC, Jira, Salesforce
- Must demonstrate fantastic customer service skills.
- Motivated to work in a rapidly growing, fast pace environment.
- Speak English proficiently.
- Experience managing imaging solutions such as: Configuration Manager (SCCM) and JAMF
- Experience managing small projects
- Experience with virtualization and cloud-based concepts (VMware, Hyper-V, Azure)
- Experience using Jira or Salesforce
- ITIL Training/Certification
- Speak the Polish language