Advanced Software Engineer - Cloud
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The FAST Control Plane team design, develops, and operates the Control Plane which provides the management and orchestration for several cloud data storage services (Data Lake, Blob Storage, Fast Ephemeral Storage) for file management within RelativityOne. The team uses multiple Azure offerings to implement a serverless Control Plane through Azure Functions and Azure CosmosDB.
An Advanced Software Engineer on the team will improve and maintain the Product Development infrastructure, tools, and scripts responsible for housing and building our code products. We're looking for an Advanced Engineer to join a growing team and help improve processes and set standards for quality among the team. This Advanced Engineer will report to Senior Manager, Software Engineering.
Your Role in Action
- Develop the scripts and tools required to provision, configure and monitor Azure infrastructure and its applications
- Troubleshoot environments as problems arise, test fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Identify, document, automate, and engineer processes for repeated tasks
- Oversee the application environment to run and maintain the technology and determine the advisement of potential technology or process improvements
- Strategize, plan, prioritize, schedule and partner in the production of infrastructure provisioning and configuration while focusing on maintaining or improving security, data integrity, programming logic integrity, and administration
- Manage the packaging and deployment of our infrastructure product and our deployment/upgrade processes
- Seek and recommend improvements to current processes
- Participate in code reviews for projects written by your team
- Lead design reviews for our services and platforms
- Influence the use of industry-leading development platforms and process
- 2+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and excellent debugging
- Experience with infrastructure and distributed systems in a cloud environment (Azure)
- Experience with source control management tools (Git)
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Documented experience coaching team members
Relativity is currently at a stage where we are looking for builders, not just operators. We have the capability to grow the business dramatically over the next 5-10 years and we need individuals to join our team to collectively propel us forward. We have a workplace where everyone can belong and we invest in our people so career progression inside or outside Relativity can be a reality. If this sounds like a place where you would like to be, we look forward to welcoming you.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.