Senior Project Manager - Operations
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The RelativityOne Senior Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning and scheduling of work happening during RelativityOne maintenance windows.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning approved and future change work for maintenance windows. They accomplish this by ensuring any internal or external SLA deadlines are met for change request work, understanding change complexity, optimally planning for multiple change concurrency, and ensuring change requests are updated with proper execution steps.
To plan for proper change execution the Senior Project Manager will partake in the Change Advisory Board to understand each change completed by the Operations Team. They will also be responsible for validation and consistency of the steps within each change request during the maintenance windows.
- Works closely with Change Management, Engineering, and Release Management to schedule changes for RelativityOne maintenance windows.
- Oversee the scheduled changes during the RelativityOne maintenance windows.
- Communicates scheduled maintenance work to customer facing teams, Engineering, and Operations Teams.
- Plans maintenance window work to meet internal or external SLAs and SLO.
- Optimally schedules and validates work inside maintenance window to increase number of changes per maintenance window.
- Ensures changes are completed successfully and within the maintenance window.
- Provides reports on work completed during maintenance windows.
- Assists with the overseeing environment provisioning process to meet SLA and SLOs.
- Schedules work for Sandbox, Staging, and Production environments.
- Communicate to change requestors that their changes have been scheduled.
- Work closely with customer facing teams or change requestors about scheduled or planned maintenance window changes.
- Validate changes in staging environments prior to being scheduled and deployed to production environments.
- Ensure change request steps are accurate and correct.
- Investigates changes during maintenance window to prevent configuration item conflict during maintenance window to allow for an increased concurrency.
- Hold weekly maintenance calls with Operations Team and Engineering Teams to communicate the planned work.
- Investigate change request success or failures to provide detailed information during post implementation review meetings.
- Provide weekly reports on success or failures of maintenance windows for each RelativityOne region.
- Assist with overseeing the new tenant provisioning work to ensure SLA and SLOs are met.
- Assist with driving the resolution of tickets which are roadblocking provisioning.
- Work closely with other System Engineers and Engineering Teams to resolve roadblocking incidents encountered provisioning.
- Experience with SaaS software.
- Experience with deployments, upgrades, changes to SaaS software, or provisioning SaaS software.
- Experience with Jenkins, Chef, and Azure is a plus.
- Methodical approach with high attention to detail.
- Experience with ITIL Service Lifecycle Management Processes is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Ability to contribute to a motivating environment that instills accountability
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 7+ years experience with SaaS software