Senior Software Engineer (Data Transfer) 21-0138
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
In our team we are responsible for transfer-api library, which is widely used by Relativity’s transfer applications and external customers. Our product is the core of data transfer vertical and we have huge impact on the vertical and the main product. Currently our main focus is on building a cloud-oriented transfer solution. It is a greenfield project and there is a lot of team decisions to make – architectural and functional. Our goal is to create a crossplatform, fast, reliable transfer solution.
We respect and value quality of end product and code, and to archive this we follow coding and testing best practices standards. And we are looking for open-minded, talented developers who can take a part in this journey with us.
- Contributing to a Scrum team that solves complex challenges and builds working software
- Producing high quality code in an effective manner
- Being a dependable and highly skilled team member that is a role model for others and a source of knowledge and inspirations for them
- Troubleshooting issues by fixing defects and responding to client specific problems
- Working on a scalable and dynamic web system which supports integration with multiple search engines, clustering technologies and client component interaction through web services
- Building highly distributable eDiscovery system composed of multiple database, processing, and web servers, that have potential to be used in other industries that require heavy processing on big, unstructured document sets
- Senior Software Engineer performs the following functions, in addition to others, in the administration of their position:
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications and standards
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommends changes in policies and procedures
- Encourages pair programming to communicate design knowledge throughout the Scrum team
- Provides development expertise to team members through education and review
- Is always open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Works collaboratively with QA professionals to encourage defect prevention over detection You may be required to handle technical support calls after hours about two times a year. If Client Services is working on a ticket and they are not able to solve an urgent issue, they will reach out to the level I developer to assist to get the issue resolved.
- Solid software development experience (5+ years).
- Experience in .NET software development using C#, SQL
- Experience in unit testing.
- Knowledge and experience in working with Agile development methodology.
- Strong problem-solving skills, independent thinking.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience in working with GIT.
- Fluency in English.
Nice to have
- Azure architecture.
- .NET Core.
- Jenkins, CI/CD and Chef.
- Crossplatform development.
- Knowledge of testing tools and libraries (e.g. BenchmarkDotNet, NUnit, Moq, FluentAssertions).
- Static code analysis e.g. SonarQube.