.NET Software Engineer - Search Excellence
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The role will implement, maintain, and improve the Search infrastructure used by development teams. The role will provide delivery process automation as well as work with engineering teams to provide them with guidance and prioritization in the infrastructure automation and optimal usage. The role will provide support and tools to development teams.
The Search Excellence Team:
This team develops solutions to enhance the search experience, maintainsand monitors the Elasticsearch infrastructure, optimizes search performance and applies data science techniques to reduce search related costs. Relativity Search is a suite of applications that empowers customers to find relevant information, retrieve and present it. Search products include document ingestion, index building, searching, and search term reports execution. Stable and high performantSearch directly impacts customer experience and is critical for the organization.
- The Engineer is responsible for delivering results for the Product Development department by:
- Contributing to an Agile team that solves complex challenges and builds working software
- Producing high-quality code fast
- Being a dependable and highly skilled development resource for peers
- The Engineer performs the following functions, in addition to others, in the administration of their position:
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Encourages pair programming to communicate design knowledge throughout the scrum team
- Thinks out loud- talks about design thoughts all the time
- Provide development expertise to team members through education and review
- Always open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Works collaboratively with product to prevent defects
- The Engineer may be required to handle technical support calls after hours at least four times a year.
- 1-3 years of experience in software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server, or related object-oriented programming languages.
- Basic Knowledge of Search technologies and Infrastructure as Code
- Basic Knowledge of CI/CD and understanding of DevOps principles
- Strong Problem-Solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health plan
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.