Advanced System Engineer (Remote)
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The role will implement, maintain, and improve automation supporting our expanding application delivery infrastructure. The role will provide delivery process automation as well as work with engineering teams to provide them with guidance and prioritization in the infrastructure automation development process. The role will provide support to Operations teams.
- Work closely with all operations teams to better understand their needs in service delivery
- Provide operational support to delivery teams and automation tools
- Analyze our tools and infrastructure to recommend changes to improve processes and performance
- Assist in forecasting future needs by knowing what is coming down the pipeline from the development staff and the product roadmap
- Keep on top of industry trends and technology in automation
- Experience in software development
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code
- Experience with continuous integration, especially Jenkins
- Experience with source code repositories, automated deployment, and automated testing
- Experience with virtualization
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based technologies, Azure a plus
- Experience with Chef, Kitchen, Inspec
- 5 years of experience in software development/delivery automation
- Proven scripting experience (PowerShell, Python, Ruby)
- Knowledge of server operating systems – Windows/Linux
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, including the ability to communicate difficult technical concepts in a straight-forward, simple manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor when things are going wrong to troubleshoot issues effectively