Advanced Software Engineer - Processing (Remote) GU
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
The Advanced Software Engineer is responsible for delivering results for the product development department by Contributing to an Agile team that solves complex challenges and builds working software, Rapidly producing high quality code, Being a dependable and highly skilled development resource for peers.
This position reports to the Manager of Software Engineering.
Your Role in Action:
- Architect, implement, and test cloud native, SaaS software consistently applying best practice software engineering
- Object-oriented analysis (OOA), object-oriented design (OOD), and object-oriented programming (OOP) applying SOLID principles and design patterns
- High-impact contributions and technical guidance to an agile software development team that solves complex problems to regularly ship high quality, performant, secure software that operates on data at massive scale
- Contribute to front-end development
- Obsessive focus on quality through comprehensive unit and integration testing and static analysis as well as rigorous test strategy development
- Effectively communicate complex technical topics to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Improve the software development process by recommending and instituting changes in policies and procedures
- Provide technical guidance to team members through education and coaching of best practice object-oriented programming principles
- Promote new ideas and encourage innovative practices amongst peers
- Participate in regular on-call rotations
- Strong team player and collaborator
- 3+years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and shipping successful software
- Full knowledge of and adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and best practices
- Experience designing and implementing high performant streaming data platforms in a cloud environment, preferably Azure
- Experience maintaining and improving Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery workflows
- Experience with Typescript, Aurelia, and web front-end technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM)
- Experience writing software that tests software in an automated fashion
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Science / Electrical Engineering
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
Transparency in Coverage Information
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires disclosure of the negotiated rates with in-network providers and the historic allowed amounts paid to out-of-network providers, for all health plans available to employers. Files containing this information for the plans covered are published on this page.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.