Senior Manager, Customer Implementations and Success - Relativity Trace
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Senior Manager, Customer Implementations and Success oversees key functions in the end-to-end Relativity Trace customer lifecycle, from proof of concept through implementation, all the way to customer success - working hand-in-hand with the Trace Sales team along the way. This position leads and sets the strategic direction for Relativity Trace Customer Operations group, designing best practices and driving continuous improvements. This will be a global role with team members in the US, EMEA, and eventually APAC with significant growth expected in each region.
This person is responsible for ensuring that all of our POCs are successful, building customers into promoters and ensuring that all of our customers get the most value out of the platform. This position requires a balance of leadership skills, ability to design strong processes, an ability to set a long term strategy, and ultimately execute against it.
The Senior Manager, Customer Implementations and Success works closely with the Trace General Manager and is part of Trace Leadership Group. In addition, this role will be the main point of contact with the broader Relativity Customer Support, Customer Success, Customer Experience, Solutions, Training, and Certification teams ensuring that Relativity Trace is included appropriately in those programs.
Design and set the overall strategy for the current and future Relativity Trace Operations Group
Work closely with the GM, Trace to establish clear goals and metrics to focus on with Relativity Trace customers. Set processes, standards and best practices for Trace Implementations and ongoing Usage with our customers, allowing us to scale our customer facing teams while maintaining a high bar for quality. Evaluate customer demand and resource capacity to allocate appropriate resources to accounts.
Continue to build a high performing Trace Operations team
Promote, embrace, and champion diversity and inclusion. Lead a productive, accountable, and passionate team that thrives on providing superior service to our customers. Identify and recruit world-class talent that includes a mix of Relativity platform and Surveillance experience.
Provide Clarity from Ambiguity
Partner with Trace Leadership Group and broader Relativity customer experience teams in setting clear expectations. Translate business objectives into strategy and communicate it clearly to your team.
Have an excellent understanding of the Surveillance industry and how Relativity Trace fits in
You must quickly become an expert on the industry and our product. Understand our standard workflows brings and help corporations translate that into their compliance monitoring practices. Deeply understand our roadmap and provide input to it - our customers our buying into that future as much as the current product.
Deliver on full operational life cycle of Relativity Trace
Your team is responsible for the full life cycle of customer operations and experience for the Trace business:
(1) Winning POCs (2) On-boarding production customers (3) Supporting existing customers
- Own and be responsible for this critical stage in the overall sales process
- Define our standard POC process
- Understand and decipher success criteria and expectations
- Meet the success criteria of every single POC
2. Production Implementation
- Define the standard implementation that sets the bar for what good looks like
- Use learnings from POC to build customized implementation plan for every new client
- Execute the plan according to given timelines
3. Customer Success
- Execute transition from Implementation to Production
- Define the benchmark for what a successful client looks like and ensure all clients meet that benchmark
- Set regular touchpoints with all customers
- Clearly identify roles and responsibilities
- Work with broader Relativity Support team to ensure exceptional production experience
Ensure successful POC completion.
Trace Operations group will manage all customer POCs and ensure successful completion for all of them. Over time this function of Trace Operations will develop automated processes that allow anyone to spin up POCs making them less operationally taxing on the team
Make every customer implementation successful
Trace Operations group will provide white-glove service to all new customers, train new customers and provide workflow advise during implementation. Oversee the development of both pre-scripted & custom training materials to customers as needed
Make every customer a promoter
Work hand-to-hand with the Trace Sales team to define success and ensure that every customer meets that bar. Coach the team to identify customer strategic goals, develop annual account plans, identify areas of opportunity for expansion and upgrades, mitigate renewal risks, and build strong senior level leadership partnerships with Relativity customers. Serve as an escalation point for complex customer issues.
Build processes for scale within your team and with broader Relativity
Trace Operations group will be responsible for documenting standard operating procedures so we can build repeatable processes, including the Relativity Trace Starter Template. Your team will interact with Relativity Customer Support, Customer Success, Customer Experience, Solutions, Training, and Certification teams – it’s important the lines of responsibility and expectations are clearly defined. Drive collaboration across departments and functions to facilitate issue resolution. This role will define SLAs and Metrics and ensure we meet them on a regular basis.
- At least 7 years' experience in Customer Success, Implementation, and/or Operations within a SaaS environment
- Minimum 3 years experience working as a people manager
- Ability to pass the RCA (Relativity Certified Administrator) certification exam as part of your onboarding
- Ability to work through conflict, gain trust, and persuasively influence outcomes
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to optimize team resources to attain business goals
- Surveillance industry experience
- RCA certification and Relativity Expert status
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Comfortable with uncertainty
- Strong communications skills
- Team player that brings positive energy