Engineering Communications Manager
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Engineering Communications Manager will serve as the primary communications partner and advisor to the Engineering team, leading and executing across several major projects, and translating communications needs into innovative strategies and content that make an impact. Partnering with engineering leaders and subject matter experts, this role will help drive employee awareness, buy-in and action within the Engineering team and across the organization by delivering clear and compelling messages and integrated campaigns that inform, engage, inspire and connect employees.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong corporate, internal communications background looking to support a high-profile team within the organization on the precipice of transformational change.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and embedded partner to the Engineering team, developing a deep knowledge of the function, roles and responsibilities
- Partner with key stakeholders across the team to understand and assess needs, offer expert guidance and effectively translate needs into action via team-level and companywide communications
- Plan, develop and execute integrated, multi-channel communication and content strategies that meet stakeholder and business needs, while also effectively informing and engaging target audiences and employees at large
- Ensure the overall communication approach and deliverables are customized, informed by best practices and aligned to team-level and company priorities, company culture, etc.
- Ensure communication strategy and related tactics reflect a change management mindset, recognizing the varying impact of change across teams and individuals, and adeptly shaping communication with a heightened sense of compassion.
- Develop, edit and distribute clear, innovative and compelling content across multiple channels, coordinating with fellow People Comms team members as appropriate, and ensuring that Engineering team-level communication is effectively represented in companywide communications
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key teams to help inform and improve content direction, look and feel, and distribution
- Help establish and maintain meaningful metrics to track communication effectiveness; suggest and deploy related improvements as appropriate
- Other duties, as assigned
- 7+ years of experience in a marketing communications role
- Deep corporate communication experience, preferably at a global organization and engaging across multiple stakeholder groups
- Ability to translate complex business and stakeholder needs into effective narratives and messages for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to link communication strategies and tactics to an organization’s broader strategic vision
- Skilled, creative storyteller with an ability to both seek out great stories and deliver them in innovative ways to engage global employees
- Demonstrated experience managing stakeholder relationships, adeptly navigating internal dynamics and cultural nuances
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work cross-functionally with diverse teams and levels of the organization
- Experience supporting senior executives and a proven ability to influence peers
- Ability to lead multiple complex projects simultaneously, prioritizing as needed to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, scheduling and tracking activities and deliverables with a focus on measurable results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong presentation skills
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills, with the ability to articulate a clear point of view on complicated issues in clear, concise communications
- Familiarity with and preferably experience in change management philosophies and practices
- Exceptional listener with a knack for reading between the lines and anticipating needs
- Intrinsically motivated and proactive
- Innovative, critical thinker
- Experience in technical departments or settings is a plus