Advanced Security Engineer (Remote)
Are you passionate about keeping important data safe? Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day?
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
As an Advanced Security Engineer in Security, you will leverage your software development skills to design and build security systems that embed security tooling and best practices into the development lifecycle of our products.
This is an opportunity to work in a security department focused on DevSecOps in a rapidly expanding tech company, where you will be helping secure a dynamic SaaS application built on top of containers, native cloud applications, and other modern technology stacks.
You will help build scalable, performant, security applications to ensure a state of secure by default by: Building and maintaining security tooling, guardrails, and tests into software development pipelines. Building and maintaining applications that provide security information. Building and maintaining tools for other Relativity developers to easily produce secure software and enabling these developers to make informed security decisions.
The Application Security team focuses on tooling for static analysis, dynamic analysis, threat modeling, penetration testing, and third-party software components. We partner with stream-aligned and platform teams on building secure software and are responsible for threat modeling and external penetration tests. We respond to security related customer inquiries and build tooling to conduct regular security assessments.
Your Role in Action:
- Provide guidance on how to remediate vulnerabilities like XSS and SQLi
- Design & build full stack systems in the Relativity application ecosystem
- Make contributions and provide technical guidance to software development teams to ship high-quality, performant, secure software that operates on data at massive scale
- Implement and automate DevSecOps security tooling for static, dynamic, penetration testing and third-party software component analysis
- Participate in threat modeling
- Provide security guidance for new products and technologies
- Provide actionable feedback and mentorship to more junior engineers on the team
- Contribute throughout all phases of a service lifecycle from conception through development, deployment, and operation
- Contribute to and mature existing, automated CI/CD workflows
- 2+ Years Experience with Professional software development experience as full stack developer in programming languages such as C#, Python, or Java
- Familiarity with common software vulnerabilities (ex: OWASP Top 10) and their remediation's
- Ability to take feedback and strive for continual improvement
- Bachelor's Degree
- Software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications
- Previous experience working on .NET projects
- Understanding of DevSecOps principals, working with tools such a Snyk, Burp a plus
- Experience with Azure or other cloud platforms (GCP, AWS)
- Experience working with CI/CD is a significant plus
If you like doing the following, you will enjoy this role!
-Building tools and applications to deliver secure software in a modern SaaS environment
-Automating away manual work and mentoring junior developers
-Making your software easy to use
-Empowering others to make intelligent decisions about the secure state of their applications
-Taking a leadership role in driving internal security initiatives
-Building tools to create a pit of success for developers where the easiest way to use the software is the secure way
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plan
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
Transparency in Coverage Information
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires disclosure of the negotiated rates with in-network providers and the historic allowed amounts paid to out-of-network providers, for all health plans available to employers. Files containing this information for the plans covered are published on this page.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.