Senior Security Engineer – Cyber Security
Are you looking to be in a workplace where colleagues inspire one another? Are you interested in competitive and impactful benefits? Do you prefer flexible work arrangements?
As a Senior Cyber Security Engineer, you will ensure the security of Relativity’s network and infrastructure. In this role, the main responsibilities will be to investigate and analyze emerging threats against our assets, identities, and clients. You will also provide actionable remediation guidance to end users and collaborate with highly skilled cyber experts to anticipate and mitigate evolving threats using world-class toolsets and next generation capabilities.
Your Role in Action:
- Review, validation, and triage of alerts and technical analysis of log data from a diverse inventory of sensors, correlated signature logic, and threat intelligence sources.
- Assess the impact of security events by leveraging host, cloud and network-based indicators and evidence to deliver actionable incident escalations.
- Develop and deploy detection and prevention signatures with response actions as part of a layered defensive strategy leveraging multiple technologies and data types.
- Build automation to search through collected telemetry to detect and isolate advanced threats that evade existing security solutions.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures, SOC playbooks, configuration guides, and secure standards.
- Automate incident handling processes.
- Engage in the continuous research of emerging threats and apply appropriate countermeasures within the context of a rapidly changing environment.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the mechanism and analysis of observed malicious activity.
- Clearly document and communicate investigation findings to both technical and executive stakeholders.
- Identify and automate away technical burden.
- Build automation to deploy, operate and connect multiple cyber security tools and applications
- 3+ years of experience in a Security Operations Center, Incident Response, or Threat Detection team
- Strong cyber incident response skills (such as: Network forensics, memory forensics, and/or packet analysis)
- Ability to read, write and analyze PowerShell, C#, and Python
- Capability to independently manage the prioritization of complex security events
- Advanced understanding of common SOC/CIRT operational processes and documentation
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, network services, cryptography, cloud, and web application attacks
- Ability to collaborate within a global cross-functional team to execute on high-level objectives and drive the maturation of Relativity’s security posture
- Deep understanding of infection mechanisms, malicious behavior, exploitation techniques, and mitigating controls
- Good understanding of tools, tactics, and procedures utilized by attackers to access private systems and data
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to leverage programming and scripting languages to build automations and develop SOAR playbooks
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.