Stock Plan Administrator 21-0398
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Total Rewards team is core to the success of a Talent First organization. The team acts as strategic consultants and operators within the business, using its expertise in compensation plan design, benchmarking, and data analysis to roll out initiatives in a fast-paced and technologically driven environment.
Relativity’s global incentive programs are a core component of our Total Rewards approach, and our equity program is a key differentiator.
The Senior Specialist, Equity and Incentive Programs will maintain and administer the company’s global equity program, assist with short- and long-term incentive compensation governance, and perform other compensation projects as assigned. You will be responsible for managing Relativity’s capitalization table, maintaining related data within Carta and Excel, and performing all required reconciliation, investigation, and remediation to ensure the accuracy of our information. In addition to showcasing high levels of technical ability, confidentiality, and a commitment to data accuracy, you will leverage strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to assist with employee education and respond to stakeholder questions.
- Manage all daily aspects of our third-party equity record-keeping and administration system (Carta), including grants, cancellations, transfers, purchases and/or repurchases
- Administer, distribute and keep record of required tax/compliance paperwork in association with new grants
- Monitor HR data for changes, terminate employees, and apply updates on a timely basis in Carta
- Provide data updates to, and manage communication with, external Transfer Agent and other third-party vendors as required
- Prepare exhibits and accompanying data in support of Board Compensation Committee review
- Audit and reconcile data in conjunction with monthly/quarterly/annual capitalization table needs
- Provide first tier response to all incoming employee questions related to equity
- Support regular employee education and training efforts to improve understanding of equity program and policies
- Maintain compliance best practices, documenting and developing improvements in applicable processes to ensure accurate and timely processing of grant updates
- Partner closely with Finance, Legal, HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, and Payroll to maintain and improve current processes and procedures
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Support employee education and training efforts to improve understanding of short-term incentive programs (e.g. Company Annual Bonus Program)
- Perform ongoing tracking and analysis related to short-term incentive programs (annual bonus)
- Minimum 5yrs experience specific to stock/equity plan administration or Compensation function
- Equity experience with private companies/LLCs and/or public companies
- Knowledge of administering equity across multiple geographies with a high level understanding of tax filing requirements
- In-depth and comprehensive understanding of equity administration concepts and related financial reporting principles
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) certification
- High level of discretion related to employee, payroll and equity information
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and adjust to changing priorities
- Very strong communication skills and customer orientation
- Prior experience with equity administration systems (Carta preferred)
- Project management skills and ability to lead and work with different departments in connection with equity administration
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills
- 3yrs relevant experience specific to stock/equity plan administration
- Demonstrated ability to build and analyze complex reports
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple interconnected processes
- Excellent MS Office skills; intermediate Excel skills