Manager, Software Engineering
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
The Manager, Software Engineering builds, energizes, and leads a team of software engineers, works with their peers to increase departmental efficiency, and brings innovative, agile leadership skills to meet the goals of our SaaS product development. The engineering manager also oversees the professional development of their team members and is the expert and technical owner for the product features they are involved in.
The Relativity Processing team is looking for a manager to lead experienced Relativity developers to develop new features and scalability for our text and metadata file extraction aspects of the Relativity Processing product. This deliverable provides core data ingestion functionality upon which the rest of Relativity requires to operate on and yield essential eDiscovery workflows for our customers. We have multiple teams in this area which work on our Cloud modernization, high scalability, extensive file type support, and robust user workflows.
- Your Role in Action
- Establish scope, drive features and products via data driven approach
- Cultivate software development efficiency via team metrics and data analysis
- Bring visibility of feature development and projects via effective communication and reporting
- Develop deep software product knowledge within team product area ownership
- Make Effective Decisions
- Be accountable for the features and products your team develops
- Develop strategic vision within multiple feature sets or domains
- Implement operational policies and directives
- Validate resource allocation to assure efficient team member deployment and infrastructure
- Solve issues via data analysis and intuition, providing clear direction on next actions
- Promote Personal Development
- The Manager, Software Engineering manages the professional development of their team and is product ownership area expert
- You will work with to develop the talents of each team member via coaching and consistent feedback conversations
- Build High-Performing Teams
- Build, energize, and lead a team of software engineers, work with departmental peers, and drive team process efficiencies
- Communicate and align team and product vision with that of the company’s
- Align Goals with Strategy
- Be an advisor to peers and the business on latest software technology and development trends pertaining to your domain and feature set
- Be an expert for your area of product ownership
- Develop and leverage a long-term strategy to guide your teams towards meeting overall product goals
- Maintain flexibility in determining goals and approaches to essential assignments
- 2+ years of experience managing software development team(s)
- In-depth knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- 5+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with experience leading successful engineering teams
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering discipline, including the object-oriented programming languages, high scale and performance architecture, fault-tolerant distributed systems, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, distributed database modeling, Cloud technologies, Azure development experience a plus
- Energizing leadership skills and experience
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.