Database Administrator - weekend shift
Are you looking to be in a workplace where colleagues inspire one another? Are you interested in competitive and impactful benefits? Do you prefer flexible work arrangements?
The Production Database Administrator will have a deep demonstrated knowledge of MS SQL administrative tasks and the ability to advise on design, development, and automation improvements. You will have a passion for maintaining MS SQL databases that exceed internal and client contracted production service level agreements for availability and performance. You will have experience administering MS SQL databases running in a public cloud environment such as AWS or MS Azure and you will be a part of our Engineering Operations team.
Your Role in Action
- Work on weekend shifts 3x12 – Friday OR Monday + Saturday and Sunday. During a probation period you will work from Monday to Friday from 9am until 5pm
- Document complex installation, configuration, and optimization procedures so they can be automated
- Take measures to monitor, trend, and tune SQL databases, such as running maintenance jobs (backups, DBCCs, apply indexes/re-indexing), to exceed baseline stability and performance Service level agreements on large databases (1 TB+) and large volumes of databases (100+)
- Create and implement SQL DB Health Checks, and have an ability to automate SQL health reporting/event notification, and corrective actions
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms, and have an ability to monitor/trend SQL environments to determine and implement enhanced monitoring thresholds to prevent incidents and reduce mean time to recovery (MTTR)
- When performance issues arise, determine the best way to increase performance including scaling up or out, server configuration changes, index/query changes
- Identify code defects and enhancements and develop a detailed root cause analysis that can be used by the product management and development teams to improve application availability and decrease the total cost of ownership
- Ensure databases are being backed up and can be recovered in a manner that meets all BCDR goals for RPO and RTO
- Perform all database management responsibilities in Microsoft Azure for production and non-production workloads
- At least 2 year's experience working as a Microsoft SQL DBA using versions 2008r2 or later
- Familiar with basic Azure IaaS capabilities, and some experience building MS SQL databases within Azure or AWS
- Experience operating in an ISO certified or regulated (SSAE, PCI, HIPPA) hosting operation
- Familiar with Dev/Ops concepts and experience working with a Dev/Ops team focused on implementing and enhancing continuous delivery capabilities
- Experience automating SQL Server deployment and configuration through PowerShell, Chef, Puppet
Relativity is a team of passionate people always looking to grow and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you
Comprehensive health plans
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.