Lead Software Engineer
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The Lead Engineer practices software engineering and leads a team of software developers to apply software engineering best practices and principles to provide high-quality, maintainable, reusable, reliable, performant, and scalable software.
You serve as a technical liaison between your team and other development teams to resolve dependencies, to identify, improve, and apply software engineering best practices and processes, and to find and address risks to the delivery of the software.
The Platform Team
The Platform team focuses on API development, user authentication, service and application management, component infrastructure and other primary functions related to a large commercial software application being deployed in the cloud. The Relativity Platform team also develops primary services and extensibility points used by the Relativity developer community.
Your Role in Action
- Work with management to set and communicate team goals and vision in consideration of our requirements; ensure the team stays focused and achieves the goals, adapting to changing requirements
- Specify non-functional software requirements and analyze all requirements to determine design feasibility within time and cost constraints
- Estimate software development timelines and be accountable to the timelines by managing risks and changing requirements
- Contribute to system software architecture development by working with Staff, Advisory and Principle Engineers
- Lead the design of software using abstraction, low coupling and high cohesion, modularization, encapsulation and information hiding, interfaces, and separation of concerns
- Implement and lead the implementation of software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming and exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design (OOD) and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) such as SOLID
- Test and lead the test of software with traceability back to requirements emphasizing the practice of Test Driven Design and the use of autonomous frameworks and Continuous Integration
- Follow and improve Agile software development processes and practices (Scrum)
- Ensure the adoption and application of software development tools
- Identify and reduce technical debt
- 7+ years of experience in software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with experience leading successful engineering teams
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Cloud Native Patterns and Azure cloud
- Experience in scripting in Powershell/Chef
- Experience with CI/CD process and tools (BitBucket, Jenkins, Git) including unit testing, TDD approach
- Fluency in English
Relativity is currently at a stage where we are looking for builders, not just operators. We have the capability to grow the business dramatically over the next 5-10 years and we need individuals to join our team to collectively propel us forward. We have a workplace where everyone can belong and we invest in our people so career progression inside or outside Relativity can be a reality. If this sounds like a place where you would like to be, we look forward to welcoming you.
Comprehensive health plan
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.