Lead Software Engineer (Priv IQ) - Text IQ
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
Text IQ is a Top 100 AI company trusted by the world's largest enterprises including Honeywell, AstraZeneca, Intel, Boehringer Ingelheim, BASF and Cardinal Health. With a re-imagined approach to identifying, managing and mitigating risk in enterprise data, Text IQ's pioneering AI technology uncovers 90% of sensitive information at a 75% reduction in cost and time. Enterprises, law firms, and government organizations have used Text IQ's AI to identify and protect sensitive and confidential information, reduce risk, elevate their privacy programs, and create fair and inclusive workplaces. Read more about Text IQ on TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, and Axios.
Recently, Text IQ joined forces with Relativity, a unicorn and leading data platform, which has more than 300,000 users in over 49 countries and serves thousands of organizations globally—primarily in legal, financial services and government sectors, including the U.S. Department of Justice and 198 of the Am Law 200. By joining hands with Relativity, we are excited to realize our shared vision of helping customers organize their data, discover the truth, and act on it.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Priv IQ Engineering team. As Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, deployment, and operation of business-critical features. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, committed, growth-oriented problem solver to take a front row seat at a high growth AI company. This role will report into the Engineering Manager.
Your role in action:
- Lead a software Agile team, managing their scrum boards and projects
- Lead the design of software using abstraction, low coupling, high cohesion, modularization, encapsulation, information hiding, interfaces, and separation of concerns
- Develop solutions to help scale our systems and eliminate performance bottlenecks emphasizing high scalability, high reliability and low latency
- Have key responsibilities within the design, architecture, and end-to-end delivery of key modules
- Write clean scalable code and test and deploy applications and systems
- Collaborate with other engineers and Product team to deliver strong customer-focused experiences.
- Nurture and mentor junior team members to guide development growth
- As needed participate in the on-call schedule to investigate and fix production issues
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, in communicating technical solutions
- Obsession with software quality, customer experience and attention to detail
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language: Java, C# or C++ and scripting languages like Python
- Ability to shift gears seamlessly and work with minimal guidance as well as collaborating with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Experience leading an Agile software team, including mentoring and project leadership
- Experience building AI-powered products that utilize Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and scripting on Python
- Experience with distributed processing technologies: Spark, Hadoop, Kafka
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL database systems: MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying.
Please note, this is a fully remote role based in either the US or Canada.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.