Advanced Security Development Engineer - 21-0612
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As an Advanced Security Development Engineer, you will Create tools providing actionable security data within RelativityOne. Enable Relativity developers to make informed security decisions through by building security guardrails. Build and maintain applications that provide security information as well as tools for other Relativity developers to easily produce secure software.
Why you would enjoy this job
- You enjoy empowering your clients to make intelligent decisions about their security state.
- You enjoy building tools which empower secure software development through their use.
- You enjoy working in a modern cloud environment.
- You enjoy making complicated problems as simple as possible.
- You enjoy making your software easy to use.
- You enjoy building and sharing your vision of a secure development environment
- Design & build security products to establish best in class application security
- Internalize software development best practices
- Follows OO principles, like SOLID, DRY, and common design patterns.
- Remediate common vulnerabilities, like XSS and SQLi.
- Give guidance on secure development practices and act as an advocate for security improvements in the organization
- Reduce technical debt through automation
- Operate the products the team is in charge of
- Offer estimates and feedback during sprint planning.
- Mentor junior developers
- Previous experience as a core contributor on full stack web application projects
- Previous experience working in .NET projects.
- Previous experience working with a version control systems such as git.
- Familiarity with common software vulnerabilities (ex: OWASP Top 10) and their remediations.
- Interest in the secure software development lifecycle, enabling FAST secure software development
- Full stack developer, experience in programming languages such as C#, Python, or Java.