Lead Accountant, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As Lead Accountant, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting, you will be responsible for supporting the consolidation and internal and external financial reporting processes and Relativity’s technical accounting matters. The Lead Accountant, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting works under general direction of the Senior Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting, Controller, and other senior team members.
- Prepare the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for internal and external reporting in accordance with GAAP
- Perform the monthly consolidation and consolidating schedules
- Prepare disclosures for quarterly and annual financial statements
- Prepare monthly expense allocations
- Prepare ad hoc management reporting
- Assist with research, evaluation and documentation of technical accounting matters
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive set of accounting white papers and policies
- Provide support to other members of the Finance team regarding accounting and financial reporting issues; respond to technical accounting inquiries and explain technical accounting matters and concepts to all levels within the company
- Assist with accounting review for technically complex areas as part of the accounting close process to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Lead various technical accounting areas, including equity-related accounting and maintenance of schedules
- Stay on top of new accounting standards that impact the business and ensure that accounting policies are consistently applied
- Support the implementation of new accounting standards and partner with other members of the Finance team to operationalize changes in accounting policies
- Work closely with external auditors on timely resolution of technical accounting matters
- Work closely with other members of the Finance team to facilitate the annual/quarterly US GAAP audit and annual international statutory audits with external auditors
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting requirements
- Proficient in researching accounting and financial reporting topics
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Public company experience and SEC reporting principles and regulations preferred
- Licensed CPA preferred
- Detail-oriented and works well in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5+ years of experience working in general corporate or public accounting (mix of both preferred)