Associate Data Engineer
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Associate Data Engineer is passionate about using data as a decision-making tool. They are excited about enabling actionable insights for our internal customers to tackle complex business problems through data.
As an Associate Data Engineer, your objective is to ensure our customers have excellent user experiences with our data & analytic assets and capabilities. In addition to providing support, you’ll work with other Data Engineers on customer and internal projects. Through data coaching and training, you will enable others by increasing Tableau proficiency and data fluency of Relativity as a whole.
- Be the first line of support in providing excellent customer service when assessing, managing, and responding to requests and connecting internal customers to relevant data
- Assist in onboarding new internal customers
- Contribute to the gathering, documentation, and development of data and information requirements to answer the business questions being asked
- Create and maintain documentation including, but not limited to data catalog, best practices, information governance policies, etc
- Field stakeholder metrics requests and basic report adjustments
- Proactively identify and manage data & analytics platform health, including but not limited to managing stale assets, improving efficiency of processes, etc.
- Display extreme passion for data and problem solving – is driven to ask the right questions and surface up business insights
- Demonstrates initiative to learn new skills and take on increasingly challenging projects
- Experience supporting customers as a primary point of contact
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel or other reporting tools
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Work efficiently under pressure and meets deadlines while balancing customer requests across multiple stakeholders
- Excel at cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
- Experience in a customer (internal or external) facing role