Technical Operations Manager-20-0458
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As a Technical Operations Manager, you will be responsible for providing technical, procedural, and project-based guidance to your teams. The Technical Operations Manager should have intimate knowledge of all Operations procedures and SLA/SLO metrics. The Technical Operations Manager will be responsible for monitoring the team’s ticket queues and ensuring that tickets are being addressed in a timely manner. The Technical Operations Manager will be responsible for balancing the team’s workload, ensuring tickets are being addressed in accordance with defined SLAs/SLOs, completing incoming change requests, overseeing the team’s work during maintenance windows, ensuring maintenance work is completed successfully and on time, and acting as an escalation resource by providing managerial oversight to drive high priority incidents. The Technical Operations Manager informs their Manager of issues regarding personnel, performance issues, significant customer impacting incidents, project status, and works closely with colleagues to ensure RelativityOne is operated to our high standards, while meeting all department goals and metrics. The Technical Operations Manager is also responsible for the professional development of their direct reports.
- Oversee the team as they complete maintenance window work, incident resolution, customer requests, and ensuring the work is properly transitioned between shifts. Minimal On-call shifts are required
- Oversee the team as they complete all daily tasks and projects as requested, on-time, and with attention to detail and quality
- Follow appropriate policies and procedures for creating, assigning, updating, escalating, transitioning, and closing customer incidents and requests; attention to proper detail when documenting tickets for accurate reporting and historical data
- Proactively monitor tickets, incoming changes, incidents, customer requests, maintenance tasks, and ensure we’re meeting our SLA or SLO objectives.
- Supervise operations team members that respond to escalations where standard procedures have failed to isolate or fix problems in RelativityOne
- Work closely and collaboratively with US and Krakow teams
- Provide excellent service using the communication methods designated by Relativity
- Provide direction and apply company policies to broader team(s) or sub-department
- Translate business objectives and determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals
- Manage issues of diverse and ambiguous scope which require evaluation of a variety of factors and current business trends
- Coach and develop employees to expand upon their technical, operational, Relativity product, and automation related skill sets.
- Demonstrate Relativity Management Competencies (Embodies Personal Learning, Builds High-Performing Teams, Aligns Goals with Strategy, Makes Effective Decisions) in daily work, and seeks opportunities to apply and enhance management skills to create sustainable success for Relativity
- Work with the weekend night shift Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 8PM-8AM, but also meets outside of those hours to maintain leadership communication and department direction.
- Maintain an attitude of commitment through outward display of willingness.
- Practice positive interactions - lean on encouragement in place of judgment.
- Impress responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks.
- Act in the interest of the overall team.
- Understand the needs of our RelativityOne customers.
- Understand our processes and how our work impacts RelativityOne
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Weekend Operations Manager is expected to display professionalism in the following ways:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience directly working in a SaaS environment and working with technical teams
- Client-focused and ability to understand expectations
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with ease
- Experience leading or managing very technical or operations teams
- Experience with ITIL standards and best practices
- Experience with Relativity is a plus, but not necessary
- eDiscovery/eDisclosure knowledge and industry experience is a plus, but not necessary
- ITIL Foundations certification is a plus, but not necessary