Technical Writer - 20-0561
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
As a Technical Writer, you will write accurate, engaging, user-friendly documentation that adheres to Relativity’s style guidelines. The Technical Writer works under moderate direction of managers and senior team members.
- Work with Development, QA, Product Management, and other groups to plan, research, write, and revise printed and online documentation
- Collaborate with other writers to document Relativity’s e-discovery products
- Write for a variety of audiences, from non-technical end users to programmers, system administrators, and integrators
- Help establish team policies and procedures, conforming to existing styles, policies, and procedures
- Perform peer editing and production review work
- Integrate use case and functional data into user documentation and examples
- Respond to support tickets directly from customers and from support representatives on behalf of customers and update published documentation accordingly
- BA/BS in Technical Communication or related discipline, or at least three years of experience in writing complex documentation for web-based software
- Portfolio of work and/or writing samples
- Attention to detail with a creative eye
- High touch customer service
- Passionate about learning and developing
- Enjoys working as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Exposure to documentation publishing software (MadCap, RoboHelp, Wiki-based)
- Exposure to tech comm programs
- Advanced writing, production, and technical editing skills
- Advanced communication and teamwork skills
- Advanced knowledge of MadCap Flare desired, but not required
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities
- Ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects of various sizes and topics