Advanced Software Engineer (Compute)
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
The Advanced Software Engineer at Relativity develops software applying software engineering best practices to deliver high quality, maintainable, reusable, reliable, performant, and scalable software. You will work with your team to develop products, features, and services that drive and evolve our Compute Platform.
You will serve as an engineer who along with your team co-create and maintain part of Compute platform in Relativity.
The Compute Team:
The Compute team is building a Compute Platform unique to Relativity based on K8s and Azure cloud technologies. The Compute is responsible for orchestration, provisioning, scale, configuration, and monitoring of clusters hosted in the platform. The technology is deployed globally in multiple Azure regions and allows to run of millions of agents.
Here you will have the opportunity to solve significant complex scalability, availability, and performance challenges while learning new cloud development best practices using technologies like Azure, Go Lang, .NET core, Serverless Compute, IaC (Pulumi), CD (Harness), API gateway (Kong), service mesh (Kuma), PowerShell, and Jenkins. If being part of a team-building out a PaaS sounds interesting to you, we would love to hear fro
- Participating in the implementation of software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming, exception handling, fault tolerance, design patterns, and best practices of Object-Oriented Design and Programming such as SOLID
- Assimilating best practices of Test-Driven Design and the use of autonomous frameworks and Continuous Integration and Continues Deployment.
- Implementing tools and technologies to provision and configure an enterprise software system in public utility clouds with a focus on increasing efficiency and elasticity of deployed compute without sacrificing quality
- Ability to contribute throughout all phases of a service lifecycle from conception through design, development, deployment and ultimately operation
- A commitment to monitoring and observability
- Identify, document, automate, and engineer processes for repeated tasks.
- Oversee the application environment to effectively run and maintain the technology and determine the advisement of potential technology or process improvements.
- Strategize, plan, prioritize, schedule, and partner in the execution of infrastructure provisioning and configuration while focusing on maintaining or improving security, data integrity, programming logic integrity, and administration.
- Manage the packaging and deployment of our infrastructure product and our deployment/upgrade processes.
- Seek and recommend improvements to current processes and technologies used
- Participate in code reviews for projects written by your team
- Participate in design reviews for new and existing services and platforms
- Influence the use of industry-leading development platforms and process
- 3+ years of professional software development experience on commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and shipping successful software
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable solutions in a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google) Azure experience is a plus
- Experience developing systems and applications, or related experience
- Experience in .NET software development using C# and Microsoft SQL Server, or related technologies
- Experience working in highly automated test environments
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM) is a plus
Relativity is currently at a stage where we are looking for builders, not just operators. We have the capability to grow the business dramatically over the next 5-10 years and we need individuals to join our team to collectively propel us forward. We have a workplace where everyone can belong and we invest in our people so career progression inside or outside Relativity can be a reality. If this sounds like a place where you would like to be, we look forward to welcoming you.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.