Lawyer - Data Protection and Commercial Transactions (remote)
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
Relativity is seeking an EMEA-based data protection/privacy and transactional lawyer with 4-6years’ experience. Reporting to the Senior Director, Legal, this position will also work closely with the Senior Counsel, Employment and Privacy with the following responsibilities:
- Advise business teams and participate in cutting-edge initiatives relating to data protection/privacy issues.
- Negotiate technology transactions with our clients, including with regard to EMEA-based clients, as part of the Commercial Transactions team.
- Serve as lead attorney negotiating data protection agreements with our clients and vendors.
- Work with our privacy and compliance teams to provide advice and insight on compliance matters relating to products, implementation, and data; support workflows to enable compliance with changes in applicable laws, including EU laws.
This critical, global, and impactful role frequently involves highly-visible activities within Relativity and requires a true partner to the business. Act as Relativity thought leader on the topic of data protection and privacy; willingness to speak at Relativity and other events.
- Review and negotiate privacy terms including DPAs, BAAs, SCCs, and additional documentation required by applicable law
- Advise on requirements of applicable data protection and privacy laws insofar as impacts products, implementation, and data strategies.
- Serve as a legal resource for inquiries on privacy matters.
- Manage privacy issues globally for Legal
- Track worldwide developments in privacy law and work with Senior Director, Legal to advise Executive level leaders of the impact on Relativity’s business and contracting arrangements with its clients
- Serve as commercial technology transactions counsel with Relativity’s clients, including those based in EMEA.
- Work with Senior Counsel, Employment, and Privacy to advise on employment-related privacy issues.
- Law firm and in-house experience preferred
- Experience with privacy law, in particular EU laws, required
- Strong familiarity with contracts governed by the US (e.g., NY law) or UK laws
- Experienced commercial contracts lawyer
- Strong knowledge of APAC and EMEA privacy laws
- Experience working within a global structure and reporting into the US would be a distinct advantage
- Fluency in English required; fluency in the second language preferred but not required
- Minimum 3 years’ EU data privacy experience
- 6+years of relevant technology transaction experience, with a focus on drafting and negotiating complex technology transactions under US or UK laws
- Substantial experience in SaaS, cloud computing, and on-premise licensing
- Knowledge of applicable laws, including relating to cross-border transactions
- Outstanding drafting skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional judgment and proactive problem solver with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get into the details
Relativity is a team of passionate people always looking to grow and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.