Senior Manager, Revenue & Billing Operations 21-0048
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Finance team manages the company’s accounting operations, including transactions, financial reporting and compliance with all necessary legal and regulatory requirements. The Senior Manager, Revenue & Billing Operations oversees the daily operation of the Revenue and Billing functions, with a focus on Revenue Accounting Operations (revenue recognition and application of US GAAP), Billing Operations (contract review, customer billing and system automation) and Credit and Collections Operations. This role will serve as a strategic partner to the Controller to drive the overall vision of the complete order-to-cash (OTC) function.
- Set the overall vision of the Order-To-Cash process and oversee all related processes and systems
- Develop cross functional strategies for the OTC process with Legal, IT, Sales Operations, Product and Business Analytics teams as applicable
- Build and grow a world class Revenue and Billing team
- Oversee the overall billing process and implement efficiencies where needed
- Manage the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of month-end billing and mid-month renewals
- Identify and implement process improvements to streamline billing processes
- Create and maintain periodic billing metrics and hold team to a high level of billing production
- Oversee billing automation to ensure billing accuracy and data completeness
- Serve as Project Lead for Billing System upgrade and automation implementation, as needed. Drive decisions on project implementation that support overall business strategy.
- Oversee revenue accounting operations to ensure appropriate application of revenue recognition guidance under ASC 605 and ASC 606
- Establish and maintain credit review process for new and existing customers
- Drive customer collections process to maintain cash flows; develop and maintain an effective escalation process
- Create and maintain periodic collection metrics and hold team accountable for high level of collection efforts
- Design and implement policies, standard operating procedures and systems to improve team productivity
- Develop and maintain internal controls over the complete OTC process
- Serve as Project Lead for billing integration for M&A transactions, as applicable
- 7+ years related accounting experience in either a corporate, consulting or financial audit capacity
- 3+ years direct employee management
- Experience in the technology industry and software-related billing operations
- High level of experience with systems implementation and data automation
- Experience with Intacct, Salesforce CPQ and Tableau
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced team environment