Senior Software Engineer - Front End/Design System (Remote)
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
As a Senior Software Engineer at Relativity, you will use your development expertise, leading software projects to build our software platform, Relativity. You will help solve complex problems as we continue to improve and build great technology. This role reports to the Manager of Software Engineering.
Our team owns the foundational software for the front end framework for Relativity’s large-scale web applications leveraged by developers both internal to Relativity, and external developers in our ecosystem building customizations for our clients. This includes the Design System, composed of an extensive library of modern Web Components, along with reusable sets of styles, utilities, templates and guidelines for multiple JS frameworks. We are passionate about building the foundation of highly performant, cohesive, accessible and responsive user interfaces. This role reports to the Manager of Software Engineering.
Your Role in Action:
- Architect, design, and influence the direction of Relativity’s Front End Framework, Design System and Web Components Library to a high degree of quality
- Contribute and provide technical guidance to a software development team to ship high-quality, performant, and secure software.
- Focus on quality through comprehensive unit and integration testing and static analysis and rigorous test strategy development
- Improve the software development process by recommending and instituting changes in policies and procedures
- Facilitate pair programming to improve software quality and completeness and share design and implementation knowledge
- Provide technical guidance to team members through education and coaching of best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Experience building front end component libraries
- At least five years of software development experience building large, responsive and accessible web applications with frameworks such as React, Aurelia or Angular
- Experience with SASS or other CSS pre/post processors
- Experience with front end build tools such as Webpack, Vite or Rollup
- Experience with test design and test automation
- Experience leading an agile software team, including mentoring and project leadership
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering disciplines, including the ability to work comfortably in all layers of the Application Stack
- Experienced in building and utilizing HTML-standard Web Components
- Experienced in Object Oriented Programming utilizing C#, Java or similar
- Experience building REST APIs
- Experience in CI/CD
- Understanding of DevOps principals
- Excellent Knowledge of new technology trends and their application in the marketplace.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
Parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
Transparency in Coverage Information
The Transparency in Coverage Final Rule requires disclosure of the negotiated rates with in-network providers and the historic allowed amounts paid to out-of-network providers, for all health plans available to employers. Files containing this information for the plans covered are published on this page.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.